Can I have these reviews removed?

out out of 30 reviews, I’ve got one 4star, and that really bugs me, 'cos he was an entitled cretin. Would love for that to be wiped, but I can kind of understand why Airbnb are so firm on keeping reviews.
Because EVERONE has reviews they’d rather see deleted, but then everyone would only have good reviews, which nulls the point of a view system. They’ve drawn a line, just a shame it’s right at one end of the ‘deleting non-perfect reviews’ spectrum

I agree. I would like to see a system where they ignore the best 5% and worse 5% of reviews.
This is often done in statistics and this would give a more realistic average because the extremes get removed.

This would remove an retaliative 1 or 2 star, and still keep a realistic average.

3 Likes

You might have a break. There should be medicaid assistance in your state if you are at a certain income level. Check into it!

Thanks for saying this, Chris. I have almost 100 reviews and have a 4.7 average. I am only now feeling like a “veteran” host, My Airbnb is a separate small house is an older section of a diverse area of town so I don’t attract the high maintenance vacationers but I do a good job as a host and my place rents regularly. I lost the possibility of SH status for this year when I failed to block my calendar on the dates my son was getting married but that was my fault and I got over it. My place still gets booked, I have had only one bad experience with a guest and it wasn’t horrible and I’m going to keep doing what I’m doing. When I see someone rated as a SH who only has a few reviews I know that they really haven’t been tested as a host yet :-).

1 Like

In my experience it is only possible to have reviews removed if they are slanderous (I have had 2 reviews removed, but I have also have had one or two which I felt should have been removed and AirBnB disagreed).

If you have evidence through your written communications that she lied in the review you should be able to have it removed.

Bumping this up because we just had a guest review us when we have successfully proven to Airbnb that she booked undisclosed third party and that she herself never entered the property. She violated TOS.

I have asked Airbnb to remove this review but it is the weekend so we’ll see. What is the general consensus about responding to this review in the meantime?

had same issue few weeks ago, third party booking -bad review, they removed it but I had to send multiple messages to CS, just be persistent

2 Likes

Or you could offer them a spoon of concrete?

Couldn’t agree more. And at 4.7 I’m higher than the nearby 5* hotel :slight_smile:

Took your advice, and on the third ask it was removed. Thanks!

2 Likes