Can a real Bed and Breakfast advertise on airbnb?

Of course, heard that from Brits who have holiday houses there. We have bad weather here in UK but nothing like you guys!!

What B&B"s have a problem with is that a lot of people on Air do not pay taxes and do not have the insurance that cover business activity in a private home. When you are factor that our income is 100 % taxable (no pocket money here) and our insurance is 3-4x what the Air people pay - we can not offer the bedroom at $50 per night - it will not cover our expenses (breakfast or not). Most of the B&B people do this full time - not just to help with the rent.

Actually this is not true. In the US, if our payout is through PayPal, we only get a 1099 with our Airbnb earnings if we have 200 or more total PayPal payment receipts that total $20k or more, annually.

I regularly get more than $20k annually on PayPal (not just Airbnb) but have never had 200 payments received so have never gotten a 1099 from Airbnb in my 3+ years of doing it.

And I have to laugh too - do you think that we don’t?

How bizarre to join a forum just to post nonsense like that on a thread that’s four years old.

1 Like

I was getting all excited about contributing till I saw a post from Koconutz and realised how old it was.

2 Likes