Came here to rant about racial stereotypes and negative reviews

That happened to me too! I live in a mixed race condo complex, working families, nicely kept up. Guests from other countries seem unaffected by this. An American couple from a predominantly white state stayed less than twenty minutes. People are odd.

1 Like

That’s weird. I live in a black neighborhood. Never got a review about bad safety. I HAVE gotten only 4 stars and one 3 stars from black renters. Like it’s crazy. I have a4.85 rating and I have yet to get a 5 star rating. To be honest, I think it’s because I’m white and in a black neighborhood.

The guy today was the last straw. He gave me 4 stars, with the only 4 star being for accuracy. He cited 3 reasons: 1) the driveway wasn’t good for low cars (it is the same driveway as everyone else on the street) 2) there was no full body mirror (there is NONE in the pictures and 3) there was no ironing board. I have an ironing board, he just didn’t ask me where it was.

To deny that there’s a pattern is just delusional. They are part of an entitled generation that is told they can do whatever they want with impunity because they’re black. They’re also messy, with hair on the bathtub and the mirror guy had burgers and left all the food in the trash including onions and garlic and I had to let the place air out for 4 hours.

Hate to say it but I see why hosts discriminate. We’re not stupid people. At a certain point you have to see the pattern and it’s honestly worth the cancellation fee when I get a black person to not get the INEVITABLE 4 star rating. They just don’t know how to be in a civil society. And they will never learn.