Cable TV - DO you have it for your guests?

Chromecast is good…yup, about $30 and if they have their own netflix you are all set, they can stream from their phones, tablets, or laptops. I have one sitting in a drawer somewhere. HDMI cables…as long as they bring their laptop, I find more and more of my guests travel without one. So, I’d go with the Chromecast or ROKU. Figure out which one works easier. I actually split a netflix account with a friend (we have the 4 person option, so even if she and her two kids are streaming at the same time I am, no one gets pushed off, and you don’t all have to have the same IP address). Streaming amazon via ROKU is nice also, I have Prime, so I get a lot of free content. I’ve yet to figure out how to log out of amazon on my ROKU, so in my packet near the ROKU remote, I let guests know to text me if they want to actually purchase a movie and I will send them my password (Roku requires a password before amazon purchases), and then they can leave cash in the information packet. That scenario has never happened. There must have been a reason I upgraded from Chromecast to ROKU, because I’m a very frugal person, but I cant’ remember the reason or issue. I do know that my ROKU is very easy to use and most people can figure it out, although I do leave directions on how to use it.

@LiaGarry

Yup i am going with $88 roku 3, it has amazon prime , Netflix, Hulu, and sports too. My TV at my airnnb prop. Is my old 1080p 42" Samsung so it is plenty good enough.

Has 3 HDMI ports and I have the cables to go with if they do have laptops

Thank you everyone!

I don’t think amazon prime comes WITH the ROKU 3, you have to purchase Prime from Amazon directly, and I don’t think it has netflix, unless netflix has a free version. The ROKU 3 just gives the ability to stream those services, but one needs an account to use them. Hope that makes sense.

Groupon just had the Roku stick for, like $25 - with tax and a small shipping fee it ended up being closer to $30.

Yes, you have to pay for the services though there are some free things as well.

1 Like

I meant I was going to buy roku 3 at Costco I saw it there yesterday, no prime or anything else. But thanks for clarifying

The ROKU 3 comes with a handy dandy remote and with attachable earphones which means someone can watch something stupid and I don’t have to listen to it :slight_smile:

1 Like