Business license- which address?

It’s okay if you don’t see it the same way but I don’t understand the disconnect.

What was said was,

"The answer to any question regarding local information is to ask locally. Taxes, ordnances, laws, and anything that affects an STR should come from the local government. Anyone who does not immediately tell you to simply 'check your town/city/state/country laws’ is misdirecting you."

Do you think I misinterpreted what “locally” meant? I really can’t find a way to make it mean “look more closely at the information on the state website” or even “read the WA state statutes”. It sounds like “make a phone call or drive somewhere and ask someone at a desk in an office” to me. Does that not make any sense? What do you take “locally” to mean?

And “Anyone who does not immediately tell you to simply check your town/city/state/country laws is misdirecting you”, to me, sounds like either 1. I don’t have time to help you but I’m commenting anyway to make a point or 2. it’s not possible to help you because you’re in a faraway place such as WA.

Meanwhile, OP asked about something specific that is on the internet and it took me less time to go there and find the answer they were looking for than it would have taken me to post that they should ask someone “locally”.

I’m not sure where the misunderstanding in this lies but I’ve tried my best to be clear. I’m sorry we’re missing each other on this. It’s okay, I’ve said my piece and I don’t know how to be clearer about it. Something is missing but I don’t know what it is.

If you lived there more than even as little as 5 years ago then everything is different. And it’s entirely relevant that it was only a few blocks because that is not the case for most people.

I myself took 2 buses and walked up a steep hill (kind of both ways, no joke, but still laughing at myself for saying it, lol) to the university library so that I could read the local landlord-tenant codes when I was 17 because I had lost $40 from my security deposit and I wanted to challenge it. But that was 1988 and it would be cruel for me to suggest that someone else go about it in that way in 2023.

Ok. I hear you. I realize now that his post happened to come after lots of “just call them” posts that were in lieu of helping by looking it up online. It’s true that it wasn’t exactly @rolf, though his emphasis on “locally” implied the same.

Anyway, I’m sorry if I wasn’t fair to you @Rolf. I stand by my point and you do indeed often play the stubborn-old-coot. I kind of think you enjoy it and sometimes I enjoy you enjoying it too. But sometimes I don’t.

1 Like