Broken House Rules

@konacoconutz Of course you are right. I was just trying to fill in the blanks. Can’t quite get my head around this rule.

I have had very few guests who have brought their own car. Mostly they do without and use uber or they have highly respectable rental cars.

I guess it depends on the area,

I remember that guy who left a gasoline fire in your driveway…Is it still going or did the hurricane put it out? :smiley:

Get permission. That matters. If they say yes, all repercussions of that are on their head.

I suppose… But I wonder if they really know all the liabilities involved. Suppose it is not up to the OP to tell them. I would never ever allow a tenant to do Air!!! It’s dicey enough as a homeowner!

1 Like

I really doubt that your guests will be driving the kind of rambling wreck you describe. I do think that this could be called discriminatory and thus illegal.

Put the requirement in your main description in the house rules…this will keep the junker folks away as if they use airbnb regularly.

In my experience, offsite landlords typically can only carry fire insurance on the property, so the insurance won’t care who is renting the property, they already know it’s a rental. We never had to tell them who was residing in our rental.
The only insurance problem the OP would have would be with their own renter’s insurance policy not covering what is essentially a sublet or roommate situation, and that would really depend on how the policy is written.

Toooo funny. Sounds like Leisure World here in Seal Beach. OMG it is sooooooo regimented.

Our condo organization has a sheet of rules they now hand out at the gate. The most hilarious one is that no shampoo/conditioner bottles should be placed on the window ledge in the bathroom! Another one that I personally love to break is the “do not leave your garage door open” rule.

I got in trouble for wearing my undies on the patio while tending the barbeque!

1 Like