Breakfast- what do you guys offer?

Perhaps it’s my perception. Just found 5 listings in St Andrews where the house prices range from 550k to 800k plus and a private room is £25, £19, £22, £21, £20, a night. In my opinion that is way too low, a bed in the Half Moon Backpackers is £22.
I looked at Didsbury in Manchester, which is quite expensive and a double room was £25.

I don’t think it’s to do with what house prices are now, people doing this probably bought their houses when prices were much cheaper :slight_smile:

So we are seeing the same thing and perceiving it differently then? Even a LTR inclusive room in a house in St Andrews would be £500 a month (without breakfast), so at £20 to £25 a night you’d have to have a very high occupancy rate to get more than the LTR rate. Guests are simply not paying what it costs to provide that service by a long chalk.
I think it’s really important to work out return on investment. If people bought years ago when prices were lower, that’s their good fortune, not a reason for guests to underpay. We should have our business heads on and not allow this unsustainable race to the bottom and hammering of host prices by Airbnb.

1 Like

Okay, I’m a newbie here. But what does LTR stand for?

LTR - long term rental
STR - short term rental

3 Likes

This photo makes me miss Costa Rica!!! Where is your Airbnb?

In Punta Leona, which is about 1 1/2 hour from San Jose, 20 min to Jaco with a georgeous and quite private white sand beach and a Treehouse close to San Jose ideal for those just arriving or leaving, which I am listing for friends of mine.

1 Like

If your place attracts many tourists, then your breakfast might consist of local goodies in order to deliver a great cultural experience for your guests. Alternatively, you can pick options that are similar to what a guest might get for breakfast at a local hotel in your neighborhood. Though, provide breakfast as an option and let your guests know beforehand what’s on the menu so that there are no surprises when they arrive. I hope this helps.