Breakfast error in listing

Hope you are all sorted now! As a few others have mentioned the Airbnb help centre is a great resource, along with the guides. Chatting with other hosts should give you a heads up on the world of vacation property rentals! You might want to visit a few blogs too - great for helpful hints and tips.

Good luck with your Airbnb business going forward.

If anyone has booked already with that amenity listed, just level with them and ask if they’d like to cancel.

I had that happen when I first started my listing, too. It said I had a kitchen when I only had a coffee station. I messaged the reservations that had booked, and they all kept their reservations (and enjoyed the stays).

We don’t offer any consumables aside from coffee & tea (+ creamer, sugar, stevia), though we did initially. In our city, we found that the snacks we used to leave (fruit, trail mix or whatever), too often spoiled or sat there uneaten or half eaten and we just tossed them anyway. Not one person commented on, or thanked us for, the snacks. Not one.

Every listing is different, and some are even “destination listings” (where the listing itself is what people are coming to visit, and not the host city), so an elaborate breakfast or meals is a definite bonus and worth the added cost.

Side note/tip: some of our first bookings were a bit more difficult and/or high-maintenance than those after we had lots of reviews. They also gave a LOT of feedback in the beginning, even though the listings are essentially the same now. I guess people just throw in suggestions when they see a new place, perhaps [wrongly] assuming we had no prior experience hosting. That almost never happens now.

Funny note: Once I put out mini champagne splits for newlyweds, and they turned out to be under the legal drinking age! LOL Yikes! :joy: