Brain Fart 2020

So I really screwed up today, one of today’s guests had paid for an early check in 3 weeks ago, I sent a request for the fee he paid and I promptly forgot about it. And on top of that both cabins were turning over today, I was doing the small one and the housekeepers were to do the big cabin.

So at 11:35 just as I finished the other cabin I got a message on the app from the guest who was coming at 12 to the big cabin… Oh shit. Oh yes, and on top of this the outgoing guests this morning most graciously opted out of the usual self cleaning and paid me cash.

I had already loaded the dishwasher and started it, and started the towels in the wash (I have triples of everything) . Thankfully the incoming guests had booked my 1 bedroom option so I had less to clean. I called my husband who was in the office out front and told him to come help. I put him in the kitchen and and started on the bedroom. Just then the housekeepers arrived, 2 of the helpers not the boss. I told them what was happening, that we had 20 minutes until the guests came and to start in the bathroom, unknown to me she called the boss lady while working in the bathroom, boss lady and son show up 3 minutes later… The bed is made, I go lock off the unrented and un cleaned spaces after tossing the laundry in the back bathroom and mop the kitchen, hubby had scrubbed up the stove and vacuums were running, I could smell lemon oil… The guest calls, I said it would be ready at 12 the housekeepers were just finishing up.

Housekeepers leave, we walk to the office as we see the guests driving in at 12:02
All of that for a $30 early check in fee. I am re-thinking this.

RR

5 Likes

Well, you got it done, thanks to your “team”! If the brain hadn’t malfunctioned it would have been a different story and probably worth the extra $30 for the early check-in fee.

1 Like

YIKES! My worst nightmare. Thankfully this has not happened to me before, aside from guests just showing up “hi, sorry we’re early” and having to have that uncomfortable conversation about communication, check in time, and no, your quarters are not cleaned and ready so you’ll have to come back at the agreed upon time!

Sounds like you pulled it off by the skin of your teeth though, Phew!

3 Likes

Why I don’t have early check-in. Door code is not changed until the room is ready. Check-in starts at 4pm, but I will message them once room is ready.