BnSellit - Give it a try

Hi Chris here from BnSellit (you may have noticed some of our banners around the Airhostforum)

If you guys have any questions feel free to ask, we’d love to have you on board for this exciting pilot and there’s lots of promotions for all Airhostforum members. Reduced transaction/processing fees and incentives like our sell 3 items in 30 days for $30.

Thanks again.

No thanks, it comes across as a bit tacky…

JF

Not my cuppa tea, coffee or anything else

1 Like

Depends what you’re selling. Lots of our Hosts have great success selling items like this. We actually ship these out with your welcome pack.

https://images.app.goo.gl/yHUDwEkkbWjCWjfQ8

But of course, each to their own.

Hosts have made steady profits from BnSellit and its building and building. Watch some of the videos on our website for inspiration.

Regardless of how members here feel about this service, it has been approved by the owners of the forum, Tom and Cyn. Cyn pinned a post about it a few days ago.

If anyone flags this post it will be ignored, so don’t bother.

It’s also a good time to remind everyone that the forum is free for members and is funded through minimal advertising. It’s also generally free from promotion posts aside from those approved by the forum owners.

3 Likes

I also find the idea of trying to sell things to my guests to be tacky and if I were a guest and encountered this in a listing I’d booked, it would really turn me off.
I’m in the hosting business, not the retail marketing business.

4 Likes

Again, it’s not for everyone. We’ve had many successful transactions and positive feedback from those who have actually used the app. Also great feedback from guests.

The hosting/hospitality business includes providing a better experience for the guests. Nobody’s forcing them to buy items they’re just their for convenience. For example at my cottage i provide a selection of locally made snacks, bundles of firewood and rent kayaks. All very reasonably priced and from 40 guests over the summer not had one complaint!

1 Like

I had bottles of wine available for guests to purchase. Until someone mentioned it in a review, seems kind of transactional… I was pissed off because I was trying to offer something nice. So I have decided not to offer it anymore, same with early and late check out for a fee. Easier to say no.

The other thing is I do not see enough of a profit motivation. Charge too much, nobody buys. Too little and not enough profit.

There clearly are hosts and accomodations where this makes more sense.

Good luck, hope you sellit…

RR

Ok, so let’s say that we might consider starting to sell products (we do not currently do so).

Today, we can easily accept direct payment via Venmo, Stripe, Square, Paypal, and Cash. The transaction fee varies: 0 - 3%, with no minimum.

So … what additional value does your service provide?

2 Likes