Blown away, 2 bookings last night

The policy says if the reservation is made after March 14, the listing’s cancellation policy applies. Basically, they’re saying the guest understands and assumes the risk.

1 Like

OMG another one requested to book for tonight, its an hour and a half past checkout already I responded no the cabin was not available tonight. Its the snow on the ground in So Cal I guess.

Do I have to accept or decline? It is a request to book but it came in after check in time…

RR

2 Likes

Do you have your listing set for no advance notice/same day bookings? I think that allows guests to request to book right up until midnight.

I know mine set at one-day notice allows guests to book right up to midnight the day before. Sometimes I wake up to the surprise that soemone is checking in that day.

Can you ask them to withdraw the request?

I got a 2 week booking. It’s a guest who needs to self isolate getting of a flight. I’d greet him with a kiss at this stage.

3 Likes

I just asked, I also checked my settings to be certain they had not changed somehow and they are as I set them. 1 day notice on IB they can request to book same day which is what they did. The request came an hour after my check in time which was a first. I could have run over and finished it up but I did not want to be rushed. Its booked friday and saturday, I don’t want same day turns right now I blocked sunday for both cabins

RR

2 Likes

I really think it’s only a matter of time until air suspends all listings.

There is still a need for accommodations. Those who can accommodate, should. Just take all the precautions.

2 Likes

I doubt it. More likely the government does.

RR

1 Like

That’s good that you’re getting some interest. I am not too interested in having people in my place, nor am I interested in coming into the space after people, so I am not going to accept any reservations. I am surprised people are booking!

Over the top?

2 Likes

I am going to open a row of these on the coast. “Unique Stays”

2 Likes

Or if a former guest returns, offer them a discount.

Dang. That’s a good buy. Is the face mask solid?

it was but… defect.

The defect is probably a hole in the helmet!

1 Like

Okay, I’m going to be a pedantic grammar nazi here because I read and hear people say this all the time. It’s “have run” not “have ran”. This is becomig more and more prevalent. “Have wrote” instead of “have written”, “I seen it” instead of “I saw it”.
I know this isn’t really important in the grand scheme of things, but I think we should try to speak at least our native language properly. I know people to whom English is a second language who speak English with better grammar than Americans and Canadians.

2 Likes

I was raised by wolves and I am lucky to have made it this far in life. I skated through school, everything I know I had to teach myself as an adult. Somehow I muddle through.

I fixed it, thanks

RR

4 Likes

“I can’t believe it!” …

… how much money I saved with Geico”

4 Likes

When folks try to book now, they get a notice that the EC refund policy does NOT apply to new bookings.

3 Likes

Things are looking up, I’ve had 3 bookings!!
All of them are fleeing the country though :frowning: