Best pots and pans?

We have a short term rental with a kitchen. I bought non stick pans at the outlets, but all of the cooking utensils I have provided are either wood, nylon or silicon. Nothing metal that can scratch up my pots and pans. In more than a year, no one has burned any pan beyond use and remarkably, the non stick pans are still in decent shape.

I purchased a stainless steel set and 2 ceramic pans at Costco 4 years ago. The guest Welcome Letter has a quick blurb about how to treat the stainless set (ie, “Cook it low and slow”) and ceramic pans (ie, “Better for frying”).

Both sets look nearly brand new because I rewash everything. Bar Keepers Friend is the best - takes care of burns, grease, dishwasher discoloration, etc. I use steel wool to take care of stubborn burn marks on the inside of pans - not outside, ever.

Guests frequently put pans away dirty. Even if they didn’t, pots and pans get washed again per Airbnb’s COVID protocol.

It’s probably cheaper to buy a decent nonstick set for about $70-100 and replace it each year. Less labor intensive to clean. I just happen to like the look and weight of stainless steel.

2 Likes

Agreed on the restaurant supply stuff. Also provide oil, salt, pepper and cinnamon. The oil will help with stuff in pans charring and sticking. The condiments will make your guests happy.