Best indoor cam better priced than nest cam

I need recommendations please for an indoor camera. I have used the nest cam and the video is smooth and the audio excellent. I also installed a YI camera ($35) and it was terrible - video was jerky and the audio was poor. So, looking for something between these two that works well.

Wyze Cam on amazon.

RR

1 Like

I believe indoor cameras are not allowed by airbnb. If a guest complains you will likely be unlisted…

1 Like

They are allowed if disclosed, they just can’t be in private areas like bedrooms and bathrooms. Multiple hosts have posted here about their indoor cameras.

2 Likes

Interesting, wasn’t aware, I would wonder what guests would think regardless.

I wouldn’t like it and I’m free to choose a different place. They just have to be disclosed.

1 Like

I just ordered some on Amazon a prime day. I hope they are great as you say! I’m using them to replace what used to be my IZON cameras in the horse barn.

1 Like

Not true. It just needs to be disclosed and cannot be in bedroom or bathroom.

There is one whole house listing nearby that has a nest camera in the kitchen. They have a few bad reviews from it, a few more that acknowledged they knew it was there before booking but felt weird in the house and the majority of reviews don’t even mention it.

I absolutely wouldn’t stay in a whole house listing with a camera anywhere indoors unless just inside the door pointed only at the door to watch exit and entry. When I’m on vacay and I go in the middle of the night to the fridge, I don’t want to get dressed. I don’t want the host seeing me disheveled and scratching myself over morning coffee. But it’s great that reviews mention it so that it helps other people avoid the listing if that bothers them.

I’ve said it before but hosts spying on their guests inside is creepy, I don’t care what their reasoning is.

2 Likes

the question was not about having a camera or where it was being used, it was about preferences of what cameras were the best. And I never mentioned that it would be pointed at guests…

What? You expected this forum to just answer your question? :wink:

4 Likes

Maybe visit a technology forum if you want technology advice and not hosting advice.

Oh stop, Rolf is a active member of this forum and its as good a place as any to ask about cameras because so many of us have them.

RR

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I would of loved to have an indoor camera covering the kitchen when someone thought they were the iron chef and almost burned the kitchen down.

WOW! Just…

WOW

The Wyze camera is excellent in all respects! Thanks so much for the recommendation!

1 Like

I really need to get mine up and going! I ordered some on the last Amazon Prime day and haven’t gotten to it yet. Thanx for the added reminder and incentive!

1 Like