Best business decision

Performance tab —> Opportunities and then either Superhost (which KKC is showing) or Basic Requirements

1 Like

Wow! I’m psyched!

2 Likes

FAIL! LOL. Dec 17 and 18 didn’t book. I also was unwilling to lower my price to hit the goal. Tonight and tomorrow are booked but stays not complete, obviously.

1 Like

LOL. As long as everyone is showing off and dropping their stats ala @KKC :wink:

4 Likes

Well I only have one listing and I’ve only been hosting for about four months, but I’m pleased to see I seem to be keeping up. :grinning:

3 Likes

My first time I should be getting SuperHost in 3.5 years. Glad the 50% requirement was dropped too.

3 Likes

So the guest never reviewed me and my review was simply this:

Guest brought a 3rd person without permission and did a poor job in cleaning up after her group.

I just looked and saw her response:

The worst is when someone has an issue and doesn’t say it right away. I honestly didn’t see your no kid policy and we could have addressed it on the spot. Why did you wait? I worked harder to clean up after ourselves at your place than at any other previous stay so if your tolerance for spots on wine glasses and dog bowls is so low then you should just charge the cleaning fee to begin with! We should have known when we read in your cleanup notes that you use black light! Otherwise, we had a wonderful time in Idyllwild, but with your very high and I’d say unrealistic standards as well as withholding communication I wouldn’t recommend this stay to anyone who doesn’t want to get harshly criticized without an opportunity to discuss things first.

I am glad she pointed out I have high standards! I would be happy to know a host uses a black light to check for cleanliness. She was responding to the private feedback about the spotted glasses put away and the unwashed dog bowls. Of course she did not mention the red wine spill on the wood table and white bedding.

I guess she does not realize this only shows on her profile.

RR

1 Like

How are you feeling about this? It seems kind of rough to me.

This sounds like what a host would say when a guest slams them in a review for something but never said anything during the stay to give them a chance to amend it.

Ouch.

1 Like

It only shows on her page, I feel fine about it. Just look at it, its 4X as long as my review of her and makes her look like an entitled brat imo

There was no fixing this without kicking her to the curb. The whole point of this post was about weighing what was the best business decision.

RR

3 Likes

I have been a host for very nearly four years. My understanding is that we are no longer allowed to refuse children of any age.

I only allow 2 guests. The kid was the third, it does not matter if a kid or adult 2 means 2

RR

1 Like

That’s incorrect. The Airbnb rule is that you can’t discriminate on age or familial status where prohibited by law. There are no laws that prohibit me discriminating on age or famillial status in my city/state so, yes I can (and do) refuse children of all ages.

2 Likes

So @JJD would you host her after reading my short factual review and her rebuttal?

RR

Well, no, I don’t allow kids. And I’m waiting for the day that someone just shows with one, seems it’s bound to happen and I’m not looking forward to it. It will 100% piss me off. Truthfully, I think the way you handled it is probably how I would have handled it. But it would still feel harsh to me that she pointed out the thing that hosts always complain about it (not addressing an issue during the stay). She’s not wrong, but I can’t think of any better way to have handled it, considering all of the intricacies, I get it.

2 Likes

Then I have no problem with my review, her response or the way I handled it. I warned my fellow hosts.

RR

2 Likes

Her response only shows up on her profile page, and if someone digs deep enough and finds it and does not book with me then it’s probably because they realize they will not get away with sneaking in extra guests. Anyone who goes to that length to research will have read all of my reviews and realize that the guest was the issue here.

Reading her response only makes me feel better about the way I handled it, I could imagine the review she would have left had I booted her and her snowman making kid out. It would have been full of exclamation points and poor me it was just a kid and 1 star.

RR

3 Likes

The difference is that we have provided them the House Rules ahead of time.

Your understanding is incorrect.

Not only that I re-state them every time with my welcome message, there is no way this guest did not know the cabin was for two people only.

RR

2 Likes

Exactly! I’m totally 100% with you on this one!!

1 Like