Best advice for new hosts

I chose some Wachusetts sheets from BB&B. They are lovely Egyptian cotton and many guests have remarked that they feel luxurious. After 60 sets of guests, they still feel lovely after washing. I chose some IKEA duvets, pillows, and duvet covers. Very affordable. I bought two level of quality for the duvet cover. The more expensive of the two which is used on the primary bed is holding up extremely well. The less expensive cover which is used on the optional second bed is beginning to look “older.” In general, I am a great believer in spending a bit more if the quality justifies the price. It makes my guests feel special and means I do not have to replace linens as often.

Thank you so very much for your detailed reply . This is extremely helpful.

A community is like a gathering of friends, some new, some longstanding. They’ve been sharing for sometime. It’s not an unwelcoming group, they are keen to welcome new folks. So when someone new comes into the room and asks a question they offer help. When the newcomer instead of politely accepting what’s offered, turns, snarls and snaps when the answer isn’t what they expected, it’s really rude.

3 Likes

I couldn’t agree with Louise and Ken more. You have snapped and snarled at all of us. My first response to you wasn’t rude. You asked a general question. What is the best? The best what? Someone might ask me what is the best car? Well I could say Scion because that’s what I drive and it’s not given me trouble. Yet my best friend would answer BMW. What’s best for my rental? Well a tropical decor with lots of color. But for Smtucker? She’s in Boston. She’s got a more conservative approach to decor. What’s best for me is not best for you.

You don’t get to come here and dictate who gets to answer you or not. I am not sure your temperament is suited for hosting guests at all since you seem so sensitive to the slightest answer. If you are too lazy to read through all the helpful posts here to find things that suit your rental situation instead of asking general questions then yet again I am not sure hosting is for you.

3 Likes

You have made me laugh. Staid in Boston. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Not that there is anything wrong with it! I LOVE your listing!! If you had a wild yellow and red hibiscus quilt and yellow rattan chairs I am sure it would drive your guests off!

1 Like

Wow I’ve never encountered such hostility
I will leave now . Good luck to you all

Don’t let the door hit you on the way out. This reeks of entitled, narcissism. No understanding that a forum is a place for sharing, not a place where you can dictate responses.

3 Likes

Thank you and goodbye.

Whew! Glad that’s over!

2 Likes

Lol. I know I’m never getting back the 3 min 48 s I spent scrolling down reading through the conversation. But I’m glad to know that there are some awesome folks here in the community.

@konacoconutz, @KenH, @Louise, @anon67190644 - Hello from Cincinnati, Ohio :slight_smile:

2 Likes

LOL! Welcome! That is quite an entrance!