Welcome! We are a community of AirBnb hosts

This forum is dedicated to connecting hosts with other hosts. Sign up to get the latest updates and news just for AirBnb hosts! Note that we are not affiliated with Airbnb - we are just passionate hosts!

Bent my bed! Advice on what next?

Hi everyone,

I have just come home and started cleaning ready for another family to arrive tomorrow and I have discovered that my double sofa bed has been bent at the end of the bed. It looks like a small child may have been jumping on it. By chance I took photos of my spic and span home including the bed on the day the guests arrived. I have now added to those photos with photos of my bent bed.

I have sent the woman who booked my home a polite message through Air Bnb explaining that the bed was in perfect order and now it is not and if I get quotes to have it fixed would she be willing to pay for the damage I also let her know I have photos although at that stage I didn’t realise I had the before photos.

I am just feeling quite anxious about it all. I read on the Air Bnb site that I would have to go to the Police to get any money back via Air Bnb for the damage.

Does anyone have any advice for me? I have another family checking in tomorrow. I do have home contents insurance (I am in Australia). I suppose I should check with the insurance company as well.

Open a resolution center case immediately. If you can find a web link to a replacement include that as well. I would also include before and after photos. You eventually need to get a quote or invoice for the repair or replacement. Make sure all receipts/inovice follow exactly what Air requires, in terms of info on the invoice, etc.

2 Likes

Do you have a security deposit with Airbnb? If not, add one.

1 Like

1 - Document everything with photos.
2 - Determine the cost of repair or replacement. Save the estimate or product listing.
3 - Inquire via the messaging system what happened to the bed. If they explain it, great!
4 - Open a Resolution Center request. Upload the before and after photos, and the invoice or estimate.
5 - Open a Host Guarantee claim. This will generate a claim number in case it takes your guest a while to respond, as this must be done within 14 days.
6 - Watch the Resolution Center request. If the guest pays up, great!. If not, and they either decline, or do not respond within the 3 day maximum, click on Involve Airbnb for a decision on the matter.
7 - Be sure to set up a reasonable security deposit.

1 Like
Altcoin Fantasy - Crypto Fantasy Trading and Simulation Game - Win Bitcoin and Altcoins!