Beenest: STR... Airbnb competition?

My dad worked for ibm. He was proud of refusing his boss’s request to put a clock on the screen, back when CPU was precious. (There’s a clock on the wall, why does he need one on the computer?)

Soon after he was gently but firmly fired, and someone else wrote the code that put the time on the screen.

I remember when disks were floppy. My kids were so confused.

I am dating myself by saying at work at an advertising agency I used a Macintosh classic… .the word processor had to start up with a floppy (called program load) and then you could type on the other floppy. It had no built in memory at all I don’t think! Yet I didn’t have one at home because they cost like $4000!!!

1 Like

The focus on Beenest seems to be making money from cryptocurrency and the rest is incidental.

I am in the Hospitality business.

2 Likes

Pardon my technical ignorance, but what does this all mean in terms of how I would get paid from hosting guests?:thinking:

I couldn’t follow it either!

When I lived in Bahrain in 1983 ish, a friend took me into the computer room where he managed the NCR servers for a bank. There were about ten HUGE machines, the power of which we now carry around in our pockets. Awesome.

2 Likes

Totally spot on with this comment spoken in your delightful Irish vernacular. Hospitality is about person to person. It does not scale (to use another of those horrid american business words).

1 Like