Bedding Towels how much do i need?

Isn’t this only a problem with colored sheets? I switched to white sheets and towels because I can get 95% of stains out but once something is bleached…it’s done.

Two things that might make a difference; the first hosts can do something about but the second is a bit harder.

Firstly I use white everything - sheets, towels, pillow cases, pillow protectors, mattress protectors, shower curtains, sheets, bathrobes, bathmats, facecloths, kitchen linens … probably more that I can’t think of right now.

If they have any marks then they need to be treated straight away and I use a Resolve treat-now-wash-later stain thingy. Everything is washed cold (as heat sets stains in) and if marks haven’t come out the first time, they are soaked in Oxyclean until they do. Bleach can be used sparingly and if possible hanging stuff on the line means that the sun bleaches them.

The second thing, not possible for many hosts, is to have areas where people can use nail varnish, pens, makeup etc. away from the bed. Our are whole house rentals so it’s easy to provide desks for writing and so on. But even in small places there can be a mirror on the wall for makeup purposes for instance.

Full disclosure though - we’re located in a tourist area with so much to see and do and we’re close to everything including the beach - so guests don’t spend a lot of time inside :slight_smile:

No, I wish. It leaves orangish beige marks on white.

1 Like

I wash everything in cold always, use oxiclean, and tons of other stain removal products like Fels Naptha, borax, Wine Away (on red stains), and all kinds of other products. All mine are whole house rentals and there is an armchair and side table or chest in every bedroom or desk and chair (or both) in every bedroom—so there are places they could sit and do their nails, etc., aside from the bedroom. Between the three houses, we have capacity for 25+ guests so there is plenty of potential for linens to be damaged when we are fully booked.

When I started out, I was using colored sheets and towels but as they are being ruined they are being replaced with white. But having everything white is not foolproof—it just helps give you more options for stain removal.

1 Like

Hi Rowlie, I have rooms. My home is owner occupied.

Minimum 7 towels. Many of mine are longer stay. It prevents them having to use the washer and dryer more often. Nobody steals them, and no one has ever used all of them, but it conveys generosity.

Detergent from Costco. Nobody wants to haul detergent on an airline.

Liter sized branded shampoo, conditioner, shower gel. Costco again.

All beds are the same size, But the bamboo sheet types pill. A work in progress. Looking for advice.

Feather and poly pillows. Too many, again.

Zinus mattresses and steel bed frames.

Bedbug proofing on everything. It’s very subtle. But it works like a charm and makes for an easy cleanup if there are leaks, etc.

People love popcorn, coffee makers, thoughtful handwritten notes, and a brace of flowers.

Good luck! Cheers! E

My cleaner asked me to switch away from white towels because she was having to spend too much time trying to get out makeup stains. We sleep 10 and get 99% bachelorette party groups. She said it was as if people weren’t even washing their faces and just wiping their makeup off with a towel haha. If it were myself doing the cleaning I might have kept white towels, but don’t want to have to pay her extra. I do white bedding, but switched to light gray towels which so far hasn’t been an issue.

It needs to be clear that damaged Linens will be charged against the payment method on file. Even if you are only bluffing