Bed bugs, Who's fault?

I was listening to a guy talking about bedbugs on Clubhouse recently. It was fascinating (and gross at the same time).

he was saying that bedbugs come in on peoples luggage and that Chicago is leading the statistics for the most number of hotels with bedbug issues.

Always put your luggage in the bathtub.

But if you have them in your home, they can live without feeding for 90 days or something. So they hide behind the baseboards and headboards and come out.

Of course he was selling his organic product. Here was the link he gave.

He told a good story. I ordered a can but it hasnā€™t arrived yet. I plan to test it out.

@Tracey_Northcott posting undisclosed affiliate links, while not expressly against the ToS, is considered poor form on here. Iā€™ve left the product link, as someone may find it useful, but removed your affiliate ID.

JF

4 Likes

I see good advice and varying perspectives here so will only mention one other aspect. I would have an added concern beyond any requests for medical. They could claim that they had to throw out certain items that could not be reliably bug proofed including things they had at your home, but also anything that got contaminated if they brought the bugs home. Itā€™s a slippery slope and could get pricey. It would be good to keep Airbnb out of it, but if they get too pushy it might not be possible. A professional would be a smart investment.

Hi John,
Sorry that wasnā€™t intentional. It was just the link I had. I didnā€™t realise it was an affiliate link. I am not working for that company. It was just an interesting conversation that I wanted to share.

Heat treatment will nail more than bed bugs. Mice, imsects, all kinds of creepy crawlies.