Bathroom Access for Second Room Guests via First Room

Bahahahhhhhh! Too true!!! I like that word “unsee,” although it reminds me of that punky little playmate who filmed an old lady in the locker room at the gym and posted it on social media.

I think in the case of the OP, she’s getting a little too ambitious. She needs to just try renting the place as a single suite.

1 Like

One of our listings is for two double bedrooms with a shared, Jack and Jill style bathroom. Both the bedrooms have separate access to the ground floor of the house but we only let them to people in the same group. That said, it’s our best listing, with 85% occupancy since June. Over the first few weeks, we had to refine our description several times but now it’s flying out the door. It suits two couples travelling together and happy to share the bathroom, as well as groups of family members, such as offspring with an elderly parent. We’re now trying to figure out how we stop single people booking the whole suite!

No no no no, just, wait did I say no? Only if this is a group traveling together and even then there are friends and family who could not tolerate this. Perfect strangers? Let the first fights begin. Don’t be greedy with your space, provide a better experience and raise your rates a bit. Everyone, including you, will be happier. :money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face:

2 Likes

Why? If they are paying your rate, why not?

1 Like

Thanks for all wonderful discussions. I like the rename of the topic as well. I am at this point considering two options.
1 Make it for the same group like a family with kids and charge $x for an extra person. I don’t think I would want to walk through the bedroom of my best friends or relatives to use bathroom as well.
2 extra living room with futon for sleeping arrangement if needed
Kinney

2 Likes

You may find that this type of listing attracts certain types of guests that could be problematic. I know of a host that has bunk beds in one room and guests only rent the bed in a shared room with a shared bath. It’s more of a hostel setup than anything else. Her rates are cheap and she stays fairly booked but her reviews are mixed.

I liked someone else’s suggestion to charge more and make the second room a sitting room with a futon so it could accommodate either a larger group or just a couple who preferred a suite.

2 Likes