Basic amenities - missing soap?

As I understand things hosts are now expected to provide basics like a towel and soap. I have a liquid hand soap on the basin in the guest shower room and a new wrapped bar of soap on a dish (Greek olive oil soap). (Noone has opened this in a few weeks, everyone appears to bring shower gel.)
I have recently had 2 private feedback ticks for missing soap from 5 star reviews. Anyone know what is happening with this?

There was another post or two about it. Sorry I don’t know which ones. It apparently has something to do with a confusing new part of the review process.

I would message the guest and query them.

This, I would bet. Guests now have to complete a ten page/screen survey checklist of amenities provided. I would guess that “shower gel” is on the list and so your guests said no, because they were answering dutifully. You’re lucky they even bothered to complete the process of leaving a review. My reviews have gone down 50% since this new process was introduced. Will Airbnb EVER grow up?

1 Like

I just think this is a sneaky method to reduce the number of super hos

2 Likes

I just did a review as a guest and the process was not burdensome. Perhaps they are testing the new format.

I found a bug in the way the phone app displays amenities. It has to do with how the responsive code was programmed. I’ve sent a bug report to Airbnb. If you view the review on a website page, you’ll see that it displays correctly.

1 Like

So they might not have been bugged by the soap issue at all?

Here’s a visual that explains what I just posted. Most likely if was not a complaint but in fact saying that you provide soap. On the image attached you can see that even on the phone app when you click through, it shows it correctly.

1 Like

Oh wow so could be the opposite, it says missing soap but they might have noticed there was soap!

That’s good to know. So you didn’t get all the questions about all the amenities provided? Maybe it was a one-off survey for a period to gather data. Or maybe they dropped it because of the sharp drop in guests reviews and all the complaints from hosts.
We’ll never know the answer, of course

I either didn’t get it or it didn’t seem burdensome to me. I told myself I was going to pay attention to the process but then I forgot.

I read the second page as “Essential items -------- Missing”. Otherwise it would have towels and toilet paper included, no?
Sorry if I’m being stupid!

I think you missed my earlier reply. I should have combined it.

Here’s the earlier reply: I found a bug in the way the phone app displays amenities. It has to do with how the responsive code was programmed. I’ve sent a bug report to Airbnb. If you view the review on a website page, you’ll see that it displays correctly.

I provided the visual to explain the programming error.

1 Like

I did see your previous post but was just looking at the picture (like a bad guest!! Sorry). But clearly you know what you’re talking about viz. “responsive code was programmed”. Hopefully it will get fixed. How do you send a bug report, by the way? I try never to have anything to do with customer support unless it’s truly necessary. I remember once, ages ago, spotting an error in how something was displayed but I couldn’t find anywhere to report it.

Look for a link on hosting pages that says give feedback, (I found one on the calendar page but there on many pages). Then select other. The next screen will give you an option to report a bug.

I’ve been told that the more people report, comment or complain about something, the more likely it will get looked at.

2 Likes