Bad review from slob-can I fight it?

Get Outlook for Androidhttps://aka.ms/ghei36

I so agree with this! The vast majority of guests are going to see this review as an outlier. @Brittany_Anderson Rather than spend time trying to get it removed maybe you can see some positives? I’m thinking:
it will discourage guests who are under the impression that you can control the climate and “turn off” natural sounds , that’s a plus! You don’t want any more such guests.
It helps to reinforce the importance of managing food disposal. You’d be surprised at how many guests take note of these things, even sub-consciously perhaps, and resolve not to be like that previous asshole.

LOL!! You made me think of Yoda !

I married a twit too, and am glad I divorced him!

The frog noises are loud and are a consideration. Just one has a decibel level of 90. So several hundred… are quite the concert. I know Brittany has disclosed this all over her listing. They are in most parts of the island now (not our neighborhood, we spray) but most definitely an invasive pest.

The guy overall is not suited for island style. Glad he didn’t book with me.

And just a general overall comment. I wish guests would go with the damn flow. When did traveling come with such expectations. He booked a place in Hilo Hawaii for cryin out loud. It’s not Waikiki or Lahaina.

1 Like

“90Db Frog vs. TwitGuest” … sounds like the working title for Mothra 2018.

2 Likes

Sandytoes>> Who knew? I did! LOL One of my favorite words for ridiculous guests/people in general. It is generally used as a noun (“What an asshat.”) but can also be used as a noun modifier (What an asshat move.)
Sometimes, there is just no better word than “asshat” to describe an actual asshat. :grinning:

1 Like

I prefer douche as a term.

I say that as I am about to serve a wonderful homemade Christmas dinner to my family… or is game his, mashed potatoes, green beans, wild rice and stuffing. Oh and biscuits. And my own cranberry pie for dessert!

2 Likes

I loved all your responses! Hilarious and really helped my spirits. I haven’t tried to get the review (or at least part of it) removed yet, but I’ve had 3 other new bookings since then so that can only mean 1) no one is reading reviews or 2) no one has really cared about what he said.

Things to note- He didn’t have any reviews yet. This is always the gamble when having a newbie book. Usually it is a positive experience but then there’s this guy…I usually heavily vet bookers (even instabooking) I go review what they’ve written about other places and review what those places look like to see just what they saw vs what they experienced.
He was from South Korea, and English wasn’t his first (or even third) language so there was a bit of a barrier, but his correspondence prior was nothing any different then other non-native speakers.