Bad Guest experience w/ guest that lives in my area

Hi @konacoconutz,

What proportion of 5 stars and thumbs up? And how do you know that?

I could be wrong but I have heard that about the stars? Maybe itā€™s not in the US. Anyway, at the very least, you can choose not top take them if they got thumbs down from anyone. See below.

Very different than having all 5 stars though. Who knows what this means in real life. They ā€œainā€™tā€ telling.

1 Like

So this guest smoked indoors at BOTH places. She told both hosts she was just burning candles?? I didnā€™t realize people purchased cigarette scented and cannibis scented candles. Is that what she was saying? - the odor you were smelling was coming from a candle?

Did you and the other host (she stayed with first) not have ā€œno -smokingā€ checked off on your listing? I imagine you did since you told her to stop.

OK. I will take one for the team, and I donā€™t have instant book. Anyone else care to volunteer to report back what their Air rep. says? I am in U.S. and the hold is not long when I call. I always just say I have a ā€œgeneralā€ question so no need to look up my account info.

Be back soonā€¦

1 Like

I appreciate the offer, cabinhost, but you donā€™t have to do that. But if you do, call them three times, and listen to them give you three different answers.

In the meantime, Iā€™ll just amuse myself reciting ā€œThe Charge of the Light Brigadeā€.

1 Like

No, I wonā€™t call three times in a row because they probably document why I called. But I do usually ask the same questions over and over again once a month if I have an issue. Then I get at least three different answers over time.

Soā€¦rep. put me on hold because she didnā€™t know if it was a percentage. She came back on saying it was. I gave her the example of 4 people giving thumbs down, and 6 people giving thumbs up. She said they could instant book.

Then I asked what message the guest receives if they try to instant book with too many thumbs down. She said she ā€œbelievesā€ it either says ā€œdates are unavailableā€ or a message saying ā€œyou donā€™t meet the hosts requirements.ā€ She said they are always playing with the site thoughā€¦so not sure.

Then I asked about stars and if guest can figure out what stars we gave them (like we can with our stats) - she said ā€œyes.ā€

4 Likes

The reps sometimes make something up if it sounds good or to get you off the phone! Truth! Believe it!

1 Like

Yes, yes! Thatā€™s why I want a few others to call to compare. They will see if I just called and then asking the exact same questions.

2 Likes