B.con, new twist

Now the phone number is only available 2 weeks prior to the booking dates.
A guest has just booked for 2 adults and messaged me that she is bringing a 2 year old.
I DONT ALLOW CHILDREN UNDER 12 AT THIS PROPERTY AS IT IS DANGEROUS. My insurance won’t cover me
Ring B.Com twice.
They say they will send them an email and they will see how she responds……
Won’t give me a valid phone number.
Telling me this is my problem.
Right now I am furious, as this is a big weekend and I have a blocked calendar.

1 Like

I’ll be curious what the more experienced Hosts here suggest.

I would think you could message her back the way the guest messaged you saying “I’m so sorry, but per the listing description no children under age 12 are permitted anywhere on the property no matter how short the time. The property has not been childproofed and it is dangerous for a small child.”

That written record is better than a phone call, don’t you think? As it avoid the he said/she said problem and hopefully keeps the back/forth documented.

1 Like

Must be a geo thing, I have it available from booking date, irrespective of stay date.

Not sure what to say other than pester, and I know you’re good at that.

JF

2 Likes

I think it is more the guest being called, offered a cheaper direct booking price and the guest promptly cancelling and taking up the offer!

Aside from any limitation on the phone number, why not just cancel the booking since you can’t accommodate them?

A host can’t cancel on b.bastards without serious penalties- including you finding them alternative, same as or better than your listing. Price is more expensive- you pay the difference

3 Likes

Which is why I don’t advertise on b dot com… Although AirBnB has the same policy it’s only because of a “Travel Issue” and they haven’t extended it to cancellations yet (AirBnB Refund Policy)

1 Like