Availability Tip: Use Seasonal Requirements to maximize longer bookings

Under availability settings you can set requirements for minimum stays for future months. I’ve been using this feature to only allow longer bookings 3+ months away. For example, For December - February, i’ve set my minimum stay to 3 nights, March - May for 4 nights and so on. Periodically i’ll delete the requirement for the upcoming months so that it goes back to the default of 2 nights, and reduce the number of required nights for all following requirements.

I’ve been implementing this for the past few months and have seen a definite improvement in longer term stays and reducing turnovers i need to do. I haven’t done any comparisons, but i also expect this has had an impact on my revenue as a well.

4 Likes

Great tip, @Ben_Hooper! Thanks for sharing!

Hi, i agree modifying minimum stays is helpful. We will even allow a one night stay when it’s slow or in between guests if our schedule is such that cleaning is convenient.

1 Like

I did this for the busy season this year and it certainly worked for me. I went to a four day minimum on the off chance that this would work, and it did! So much less laundry. So much less cleaning. When a month was almost filled with some odd three day breaks, I would redo my availability preferences to allow three night stays. The only problem? I am in complete denial that the slow season is coming and I will be back to cleaning and doing laundry every other day. Such a jolt to the system!

1 Like