Argumentative prospective guest

Well done! It’s quite liberating, isn’t it?

Open a bottle and congratulate yourself.

4 Likes

My suggested Plan B was to contact the catering company and tell them you were the owner, lived right next door and they weren’t allowed on the premises. But Plan A seems to have (finally) worked.

I wish you could play the audio of crazy mom calls. I suspect they are trying to negotiate a way back. Resist!

1 Like

I certainly will!
(any excuse)

6 Likes

AWESOME! As a former wedding photographer who frequently attended these “getting ready” events, I can tell you they would have trashed the place, too! Even though you lost the income, you are so much better off.

3 Likes

Retirement party yes, but you see the rest as well. Maybe I could coordinate a flash mob dance for my funeral?

(I’m kidding as I won’t be having a funeral. I’ve donated my body to the med school and assuming I don’t die of an infectious disease or become obese they will take it and then dispose of it when they are done.)

2 Likes

I have seen retirement, first pension check, first SS check, Yay I get Medicare, and a few others that escape me. The whole death thing, not so much, though I did have one friend throw a “Into Hospice Care” party so she could get some help packing up boxes.

2 Likes

I don’t want to be the “get off my lawn” old fart that I find myself becoming. I also don’t pine for earlier days when things were better because they most assuredly were not better in the past. The old music wasn’t better, the young people in the past weren’t less licentious. But there is a certain amount of “give me money for every little thing” that I could do without. Like I’ve seen “go fund me” accounts for dudes that just want someone to pay off their credit card debt. That was probably incurred buying video games that are obsolete in a few months. People apparently aren’t expected to save for a rainy day they just go fund me for a rainy day.

4 Likes

I saw a GoFundMe somebody set up to pay the money the lost when they cancelled an AirBnb listing.

Weddings are a different business and attract a much higher price.

Anna, she will still get to review you, so get ready for that. :tired_face::tired_face:

1 Like

I don’t think she will. She cancelled more than 5 days before the arrival, so got all her $ back except Airbnb fees – it’s a straight cancel. If it happens, I will fight with Airbnb on that, because the mother said in her message that Airbnb told her she needed to cancel because she booked 6 in a place for 4.

Oh, and the dates opened on my calendar and I am already rebooked. I really hope the whole thing will go away, but I will keep a sharp eye out.

2 Likes

I was cancelled on ten days ahead of a a Christmas booking and we were both invited to leave reviews. It was an EC so I didn’t but I was tempted. :weary::weary: She didn’t either.

I have an option in my listing saying: If you would like to use the house and garden to host a small reception or event (maximum of 20 people), I charge $100/hour, plus a $200 security deposit. No one has taken me up on this but it’s there in case someone wants to have folks in for a drink or a small presentation.

3 Likes

get rid of her! so annoying

1 Like

What!?
How can the Cancelled Guest get to do a review?

1 Like

Normally a cancelled guest can review if the trip is canceled on or after the day of check-in. If it’s canceled before then, you can’t leave a review. This is in case a guest arrives and then cancels because the airbnb is not as advertised or something like that.

I have no idea what happened in Kona’s holiday case.

That’s actually not true anymore. What you stated USED to be true. Cancelled or cancelling guests CAN leave a review, unfortunately. As can hosts. Absolutely they can. Stupid and awful as that policy is, they absolutely can.

1 Like