Are your guests “different”?

I am close by to my cabins, I live a block away and my business office is on the same property as the cabins AND I have cameras… So that is the difference for me, I am around, I meet the guests at some point during their stay (from a distance now) and I really have not had any major issues.

1 Like

I know that I’m not supposed to gloat or enjoy the schadenfreude, but as a veteran lobbyist once told me, “What goes around comes around”. I’m sure it will be true in this case.

This year has a lot of Darwin Awards.

2 Likes

Similar for us. I think this helps quite a lot to avoid potential issues.

2 Likes

Since there are a number of people who refuse to abide the counsel of scientists I don’t see any way around allowing a gathering of this sort and seeing what happens. I may be naive but I’m hoping that after this one rally they will wait. If there isn’t a spike in cases, if 10-50 attendees don’t end up in ICU, then have the next one. If they do, then no more rallies until treatement/vaccine/herd immunity. I can’t think of a more worthy group to experiment with. Like Dan Patrick said, they are willing to sacrifice for their grandkids.

3 Likes

14 Likes

NYTimes today 6/14/20.
“Arizona, Texas and Florida are reporting their highest case numbers yet. As of Saturday, coronavirus cases were climbing in 22 states amid reopenings.“

Let’s see what happens after Tulsa…

1 Like

The attendees have a vested interest in staying quiet about it if they do become ill. I don’t even rule out behind the scenes payoffs to families of anyone who passes away.

1 Like

I’m hoping they RAMP up more!

And hope that there’s enough WATER for 2 hands

Let’s not WAIVER on the waver anyone attending the rally needs to sign.

2 Likes

In all seriousness, I’m fine with them going and taking chances with their own health. It’s the spreading to others who aren’t Trump supporters. Maybe when he comes to Phoenix I’ll pop over to participate in the counter protests outside the venue.

4 Likes

Interesting—very different but a bit similar: Neighborhood pool limited opening due to Covid-19

HOA board investigated having pool users sign a waiver to assume personal responsibility and not sue if they catch Covid19.

We are doing it BUT attorneys said the waivers aren’t worth the paper they are printed on.

It may discourage someone but it really won’t keep them from suing. It will be difficult for them to win but they may get a nuisance settlement. (Payment cheaper than paying lawyer)

2 Likes

According to the way Trump does business, they’ll be promised a hush money payoff, but the money will never materialize. However, his base is too stupid to know this.

4 Likes

I’m back. Contrary to AirBnB’s incessant messages that I reduce my price by 40%, I raised mine by 20% and increased my minimum stay requirement. We have the strongest reservations in three years, and the highest revenue.

AirBnB cares about one thing - their revenue - not ours.

5 Likes

Our county is in Phase 2 in Washington. May has been pretty busy and every one has been local = within 200 miles and no one has flown in. The Canadian border is still closed down, so we are missing those bookings. I’ve missed having guests (and the money!) but we are booking ourselves out quite a bit to do the really extensive cleaning. Between the riots, politics and Covid - I feel exhausted. This is definitely turning into a very long year.

1 Like

I don’t understand your post. You are or are not busy and booked or not busy and broke?

And it’s not even half over.

I don’t “believe” in these things but I just read this:
Mercury Retrograde June 17 - July 11
Summer solstice annular solar eclipse, early morning on June 21 (nicely timed with the Tulsa rally)
Pluto conjunct Jupiter June 30

I hear you. My Canadian guests Understandably cancelled March-May. By now I would have off season bookings for November and next Feb-May which are Usually booked by Canadian guests seeking to play golf and avoid snow.

Our June guests have said they were going stir crazy and needed someplace close.

1 Like

I have had the busiest month ever, the county lifted the STR ban for whole house listings the last day of May and I have been slammed, 24 hours between guests and almost every other day booked. I have raised prices and increased my minimum stay.

1 Like

@RiverRock

I’m curious…are you guests different than as in the past like mostly drive to destination vs prior flights, younger, no children, more children, larger group, smaller?

My cabin in the mountains is 2 hours from LA, San Diego and orange county ca. I have been getting longer reservations, 3, 4, 5 and six days vs my 1-2 nighters before. About a week into the month I upped my minimum to 2 days so I would have less cleaning. It seems like every morning I am either answering an inquiry or have another IB. These bookings tend to be a week or two out, July has bookings but not every weekend. I have a few weekdays open next week and I would not be surprised if they get booked. Everyone is working from home too, lots of questions about internet.

Not a lot of kids, but some.

RR

RR

2 Likes

I’m on coastal SC too, and I’ve noticed the same. My guests this summer have all been in their 20s. I rent out a tiny house with a loft that’s approx. 2 miles from the beach, so my guests are historically on the younger side becaus they have to climb a ladder to get to the loft. But in the past, I would say that about 40% of my guests are in their 40s, 50s and 60s. Since we opened back up in May, I’ve had no one in those age groups stay.

As for early check in, there’s been way more people asking for it. I like to have the tiny house sit and air out for at least 4 hours after cleaning. I reiterate this to guests, and most are very understanding that I can’t give them early check in. I wish they would take the time to look at the availability on the calendar and realize that there is a check out on the same day that they check in so an early check in isn’t possible. Some want to check in as early as 11am.

1 Like