Are you getting slammed on location in reviews ?how to stop it now

I state a million ways from Sunday where I am located and it’s even a house rule to make sure the location is a fit before booking. I still get dinged on location. They don’t realize it’s a BIG ISLAND, (about the size of Connecticut) and it is an ISLAND…so no matter where you want to go you will always be far from something.

I had someone whom I had thought was very nice crack me on location as well as accuracy was “so far from town.” (Hello, did I not say I am an hour from town?) I think this is why I’ve never made superhost… these location cracks.

Please tell me you don’t run a Pool retrieval service and that you did not go over to fish it out!

2 Likes

No pool retrieval service I’m afraid. No doubt this will soon be grounds for removing Superhost status!

2 Likes

That made me laugh out loud. I don’t know how long you have been hosting, but Airbnb cares little about hosts. They cater to Guests. There is no money in Hosts without Guests. Plus, this complaint has been around since the beginning. Guests like Location as a metric, so it ain’t going anywhere.

4 Likes

I make it clear where I am located in my listing. This is what I have regarding location:

“Please bear in mind that this home is not in downtown Portland. It is in a nice residential neighborhood about 10 minutes to downtown. Downtown is more of a business center. Foodie lovers neighborhood chock full of restaurants, bars and shopping within 5-15 minute walk.”

I even have stated “please mention you have read my entire description and house rules when you make an inquiry.” Maybe 1 in 10 people follow that direction! But when they make a request, I always reply with “Please confirm that you have read my entire post along with my house rules and then I can confirm your booking.”

Nobody reads anything!

1 Like

I agree they dont read.

1 Like

Awww :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::kissing_heart::heart_eyes:

Anyways, superhost it ain’t don’t matter no way!

1 Like

We have a saying in the world of investment: The Golden Rule: [he] who has the gold makes the rules.

It’s the guests that bring in the money, so it’s undeniable, everything revolves around that.

3 Likes