Are you experiencing fewer reservations due to Airbnbust?

this took me some time to learn, and longer to get over (maybe I haven’t). I stayed in a hotel recently and the wine glasses didn’t match, one cup was chipped and there was dust in all the corners (yes of course I looked there). Sometimes I think our airbnb guests are actually encouraged to be more picky, because hotels don’t insist on reviews based on various criteria.

3 Likes

Absolutely feeling the bust. We never had trouble filling our 3 places, and we catered to mid-term guests at a reasonable price that allowed us to earn a little more over the course of the year than we would with a yearly rental. Now, for the first time in 3 years, one of our places is vacant for > 1 month, and other one for almost 3 weeks now. No takers for when our guests leave #3 in a couple of weeks. I think it may be time to go back to annual leases.

1 Like

Not where demand is high and supply is low. Know your market. This “reckoning” is a self-fulfilling prophecy. STR business owners flooded the market with their accommodations, and now they’re “surprised” business has slowed down. I’m shocked.

1 Like