Are there any Auckland NZ hosts here?

Are you being a manipulative guest? :grinning:

2 Likes

Wow, your friend sure does have some strong views on things. Gun ownership in NZ for personal protection is crazy. We are not the US, people don’t own guns to protect themselves. They own guns for sport and shooting their own stock for meat etc.

The stadium in Dunedin has done great things for the city. It’s an impressive venue that attracts major overseas acts. And, it has a roof which is much needed down there to keep dry and warm!
I have to say I’m quite stunned that she has put such demands on you while you are here. But we all have those friends that like to push and control. I guess it’s up to you how much you will let her get away with.
Can you come at from the the view that the extra travel to Auckland is increasing your carbon footprint quite a bit. A lot of unnecessary travel when you could just go and see them in Dunedin?

Good luck! And if yo need to escape I am a scenic drive/train/bus ride away!

2 Likes

No, because it’s not extra travel. I arrive in AKL on Thursday and Queen is on Friday. Then I’ll go to Dunedin on Sat. If not for Queen I could arrive in Dunedin on Thursday and see Queen there Monday.

Ha, that’s an understatement. She’s an interesting person. We’ve been friends since '84, but also had a 10 year falling out. But yeah. It’s good to hear the views of others, I may just try to put my foot down but she has her ways. I’ve been delaying buying my show ticket because we’ve been try to schedule a call. She’s currently working in China so very busy. We’ll see.

She was advocating this in a convo before she moved to NZ. I’m not sure exactly what her view would be now. Sometimes it seems she just takes the opposite or a different tack on any topic that I express a view on.

1 Like

If it all falls apart, hop the ditch to the Gold Coast and I will come and get you!

2 Likes

I know you don’t have dingoes. I was married to a Kiwi for 20 years. I was just typing quickly. As a South Islander, you do know that the home stay guides do tell the tourists that they go boar hunting with knives and a couple of good dogs.

I love NZ and have enjoyed all of my visits there. It’s an amazing country.

And your PM is fabulous!

Hi KKC! Sorry for the slow reply - I haven’t been on this site for ages. I’ve let my (Auckland) Airbnb out longer term as I was promoted at work and didn’t have time to do it anymore but will definitely let it out privately when available for previous guests and other VIPs. Additionally I’m more than happy to chat to you for tips and tricks etc, message me anytime. BTW, rental cars are almost always automatic not manual here :slight_smile: Will wait to hear from you, Suze

2 Likes

Thanks Suze, I’ll PM you here on the site.

1 Like