Are my expectations unreasonable?

That’s pretty impressive. I have 2 indoor cats and 1 outdoor cat, and NONE of them like being in carriers or the car.

1 Like

It helps if they are used to from little …I have a friend that travels everywhere with the cat and flies here from Europe twice a year.
Also walks the cat on the leash.

That looks like a puppy to me

I have a friend who travels with a cat & never tells the hotel there is a cat in the room. He hangs the “do not disturb” sign so housekeepers do not enter the room.

We’ve had several blunt conversations that I think not disclosing pets is wrong. Also if someone with a serious cat allergy books the room next, they could have problems.

Maybe part of my rigidity is because there is NO WAY I could hide my dogs. They are tiny (7lbs (3kg) & 8lbs (3.6kg)) but incredibly loud barkers. I can’t figure out how that much sound comes out of such tiny lungs. One of life’s mysteries I guess.

2 Likes

I don’t accept dogs because our HOA instituted a regulation against them a while ago and I’m pretty certain that the ruling was instigated by a series of people who had loud and yappy dogs.

Cats however are not banned (the rule says ‘dogs’ not ‘pets’) so I’ve had several guests with cats and they’ve never been any trouble at all. My favourite was a lady who travels with three cats - she even brought along her own bedding because she knew that the cats would want to sleep with her and wanted to save our bedding from cat hair.

1 Like

I completely agree. Not only are animals an issue for my own family’s severe allergy, but any future guests could have issues because this guest thought the rules shouldn’t apply to her. When we bought this house this summer, I did everything in my power to make it allergy friendly. It has brand new carpet, brand new furniture, new air filters, etc. I even paid to have all the ductwork cleaned to get rid of any residual animal hair or dander. So someone breaking this rule makes me pretty furious!

Maybe it’s just the picture quality. In the video, it was easier to see that it’s a cat.

My HOA does not permit renters to have pets and it was because of people leaving barking dogs on screened porches. But cats were included in the ban—not sure why.

My Little yappers are “no bark” command trained. Also if the water spritz bottle is visible they may quietly woof-fel but not bark. One day in the car they got barky and to their surprise Momma had a new squirt gun—suddenly it became very quiet. Funny how dogs that will sniff everything taking forever in the rain but water from a squirt bottle is serious stuff!

2 Likes

Sure, while you’re standing in front of them… but what do they do when left in the house when you go out? I bet you those yappers get nice and yappy without the threat of the squirt bottle to stop them! :wink:

Based upon the barking I hear while I am in the shower and dogs & squirt bottle are out of reach—they do what they damn well please!!!

My senior-citizen dog can only bark a short time before he must take a nap. Barking must be hard work. He isn’t very disruptive. The 18 month old pup is a different story.

1 Like

We have pretty simple straightforward rules too. Close the door, leave the key either inside on the table or another specified place.

Yet, weʻve had several guests leave the apartment with THE DOOR WIDE OPEN. Who does that??

One guest did not return the key. We had to have the place rekeyed and charged them through the AIrBnB resolution system. If they didnʻt know where the key was, I did not feel comfortable with that.

One guest stole kitchen items. Ugg. Weʻll be moving to a keyless lock so we donʻt have to go through the hassle and expense of rekeying.

99% of guests are wonderful and respectful. Itʻs a few that were bad luck. You probably just had some bad luck. Sometimes they come in strings (the leaving door wide open was a run, it was weird).

1 Like