Architecture critic decries Airbnb "bland decor"

I sew very well also and our soft furnishings and bedding are all custom sewn, by me! Our own home is a Mexican styled Poquito Hacienda and we live a colorful existence along side painted Talavera style tiles, wood carvings and ceramics! Some people say our house is warm and welcoming. I really think all the modern colorless cr— is just the opposite:)

2 Likes

I need to replace the carpeting in 2 of my properties. I have been looking to see what is available. Current colour is a warm deep rusty orange. All the samples I have seen - everything is shades of grey or beige!

Really? Carpet is so, ugh. I know you have period homes but carpeting?

Or worse… “greige”. Sounds (and looks) like some kind of medication side effect…“May cause dry mouth, swollen tongue, greige and seizures” :rofl:

2 Likes

I’ve lived in this house 30 years and I didn’t get around to repainting until 3 years ago. I knew I wanted something bolder but wasn’t quite sure what. Then I went to Costa Rica and came back and chose a teal blue and an orange that had names like Cabana Blue and Toucan Orange. LOL. This is not my Airbnb any longer but I have colorful prints in there and sometimes the bedcover as well.

4 Likes

This is upstairs in a 175 year old brick duplex - it is for some sound proofing / insulation as well. Lifting the carpet will be a can of worms and I don’t expect the timber floors to be in great condition, Getting equipment for floor finishing up there with the steep narrow ladder like stairs would be damn near impossible.

2 Likes

You sneaky little sausage, hiding all those 6* reviews under yer bushel.

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

But wait, you actually used “undergirded” in a blog post. Not only are you a sneaky wee sausage, you are a wordy wee sausage.

JF

1 Like

Ha! Found where you got your profile picture.

1 Like

And previously I used the Buddha painting you might see in that same shot.

1 Like

Don’t remember that one. But my memory doesn’t remember much these days.

1 Like

So, did you go to Mumford & Sons?

Time for a wee song methinks :wink:

OK, it’s a cover, but they do it so well!

JF

1 Like

Love Marcus Mumford! Have you heard him do Kansas City from The Basement Tapes (found Bob Dylan never recorded songs).

2 Likes

Yup. Here’s another wee Dylan cover:

JF

1 Like

Yup. Got that one, too. I’ve been a fan for years!

2 Likes

I did. It was in Marfa TX, about 3 hours from here. It’s a small town and a cool venue called El Cosmico. I don’t know how many people were there but it felt like about 2000. Mumford and Sons were very big that year and had just been at the Grammys the month before. It was excellent, one of my top 5 of all time concerts.

1 Like

Maybe we should start a “have you heard this one” topic, where you’re only allowed to post a music video :smile:

Just for a bit of fun…

Anyway, in my time zone I’m almost at the opening line of Famous Blue Raincoat and yeah I know, not very Mumfordy but you know what I mean.

So I’ll bid you all buenos noches,

JF

1 Like

Teal and deep orange is my favorite color combo!

1 Like

Here’s my entry

I have a studio recording of this on a compliation album, I don’t know if she put in on any of her own albums. At the end of it she giggles like Janis Joplin at the end of Mercedes Benz. That sweet touch is missing from this version.

Leonard Cohen or Jennifer Warnes’ cover? We seem to have similar music tastes. One thing many of my guests comment on is how good the music I always have playing is. I never turn on tv’s. Unless it’s to put a music channel on.

It’d have to have been Jennie last night, as OH was in bed and I was on the middle terrace trying to catch a breeze. She hates the Jennifer Warnes covers so only time I can play that album is when she’s not around!

@kkc Joan Osborne, sheer class.

JF

1 Like