Anyone seeing a sudden slowdown in Texas bookings?

We are typically booked every weekend for a couple of years, and numerous bookings that are longer than a weekend stay. But, in the last 2 months the booking rate for the next several months is substantially off the pace of the past. Is anyone else seeing this in Texas?

Probably a question better asked on a Texas host group @JohnnyBoy

Generally many hosts have seen demand drop all over the world .

3 Likes

It’s been crickets in the Boston area. Sept and Oct have always been my sold-out months for me and right now I’m 1/2 full and just dropped my prices, added promotions and still no new bookings in 2 weeks.

I am not in Texas and am pretty well booked in Massachusetts. However, I have had more cancelations than usual. Thankfully they have filled. The heat and increased price of gas and plane tickets may be keeping some people home or close to it.

1 Like

I have thoroughly combed the posts herein and didn’t find a single reference to a sudden drop in bookings. That’s why I posted. You don’t say where you are, so regionality isn’t able to be factored into your response.

1 Like

Yeah, we decided to leave the price where it is. Our assumption is that a $20 drop isn’t going to change someone’s mind when they’re facing a budget crunch. I think this is going to be the case for a while - at least until mid-terms.

Hosts described a drop in bookings here as well:

Also check the Airbnb Community Center posts.

4 Likes

I dropped the price so that when folks search the surrounding area of Boston I come up close to the top based on price. My feeling is that there is only a limited amount of people planning on traveling now and I want to get these people. I won’t drop my price too low because the folks you get are not worth having but since I live on the first floor, it’s very easy for me to maintain the STR and wether or not I have someone staying, I still have nearly the same overhead.

There are many posts here about demand dropping and hundreds on Airbnb community.

As I said try asking on Texas host groups to help you understand issues affecting demand in your location.

3 Likes

I know it’s been blazingly hot, at least in some parts of Texas. My friend has a very desirable house for sale in a big city. Her realtor says no one is doing anything because no one’s air conditioning can even keep up.

1 Like

Several reasons why I wouldn’t visit TX:

Too hot.

Greg Abbott
Ted Cruz
Indicted Ted Paxton

5 Likes

what? after the Summer Rollout SO MANY people complained about bookings drying up.

2 Likes

Texas has none to zero regulations on STRs. I was recently looking at my hometown when a friend was going to visit. There were 1000+ entire place listings in an approximately one-mile square area. And, in fact, in every one mile area in my town. How many airbnbs are within a mile of you? Also, I can’t imagine why anyone would go to Texas in August. Everyone I know there is vacationing elsewhere right now.

1 Like

Whatever Alaska, lol.

2 Likes

I thought this was a non-political site. Your snide remarks aren’t needed.

Who told you users here couldn’t make political comments? If you want censorship, post on the Airbnb CC.

5 Likes

Au contraire. Snide remarks by NordlingHouse are highly valued. I for one would feel a hollowness, an emptiness, a Texas-sized feeling of sadness if they were taken away.

3 Likes

Are we allowed to make non political snide remarks @JohnnyBoy :grin::grin::grin:

3 Likes

Oh, great. Just when I thought there was some area of the web that wasn’t full of tacky people, I find you and your friend. Good luck and syonara.

What a load of bullocks you are, Johnny Boy.

The first “political” comment on this thread was yours:

Unless you meant your mid term exams because you’re still in school.

Then you say this:

Meaning goodbye? To whom? Longtime members who have posted here for years? Or are you leaving? I guess not since you posted on another thread.

3 Likes