Anyone know how to get ink out of a duvet cover?

Guests have just left and while cleaning room I noticed there was splotches of ink all over my new crisp white duvet cover (Luckily it didnt leak right through to the duvet)!
Has anyone any ideas how to get it out? I tried blotting with dishwashing liquid but no joy.
I’m really annoyed guests didnt bring this to my attention when it first happened!

OxyClean. Or a huge jug of White-Out:laughing:

1 Like

Try hairspray, rubbing alcohol or a product called “Goo Gone” if you have that in your local area.

1 Like

its just not budging.
Would it be cheeky to message guest to ask for her to pay for another cover? (I have no security deposit with my listing) I purchased another today, so I have the receipt. Or should I go through the resolution centre?
I contacted her to say I wasnt happy she didnt tell me before she left. She apologized but didnt offer to pay.

Let it soak for a few hours with a lot of OxyClean or Vanish. If it is white pure cotton you will get rid of the stain and you won’t have to go through the resolution center.

2 Likes

I’d start a case as she did apologize, I hope On air platform,which is confirmation of the damage. Did you take a picture? In future add a security deposit.

1 Like

'The Airbnb Host Guarantee provides protection for up to $1,000,000 to a host for damages to covered property in the rare event of guest damages above the security depositor or if no security deposit is in place.

The Host Guarantee Program doesn’t cover cash and securities, collectibles, rare artwork, jewelry, pets or personal liability. We recommend that hosts secure or remove valuables when renting their place. The program also doesn’t cover loss or damage to property due to wear and tear."

"When the situation is not an emergency, the host should contact the guest to notify them of the complaint and attempt to negotiate a resolution prior to filing an official claim.

If a resolution cannot be found between host and guest, the host should carefully review the Host Guarantee terms and determine if they are eligible before submitting a request to Airbnb.

Hosts must submit their request either 14 days from the guest’s check out, or before the next guest checks in, whichever is earlier."

1 Like

If it were me I would contact her directly first, let her know how much the replacement is, and ask her if she would rather settle with you directly or whether she would prefer that you go through Airbnb resolution.

That leaves no question that you intend to be reimbursed for the damage, and it gives her the choice which comes across as a positive.

3 Likes

I contacted her again, told her I had to get a replacement as the ink wouldnt budge. I told her the price of the new one and asked her how would she feel about reimbursing me. So she agreed to pay. I actually bought a cheaper duvet than the one that was damaged, so she didnt have to pay full whack. I’m glad it’s resolved. Well, I hope so - Reviews still have to be written.
Thanks for all your input.

4 Likes