Any idea why Airbnb is trying to engineer fewer Superhosts

Yes, humans are the species who most commonly drink milk past infanthood but others will drink it. It’s not that easy to obtain without thumbs and power, thus humans have an advantage in acquiring milk from others; however, there are some animals that are able and do steal milk from other species. Other animals eat when they’re hungry and will eat, without prejudice, to survive. I think our food-predjudices are actually the odder thing here.

1 Like

BDC and direct bookings. There is also VRBO/HA and other OTA’s to look at.

JF

What is BDC? (interesting that posts must be 20 char min)

JF

Allen, do consider your own marketing strategy too. We are like @JohnF in that many of our bookings come from other sources but we don’t use any other online services. Many of these people are repeat guests (and I love them all :slight_smile: ) but many are referrals too. I don’t just mean referrals from previous guests but from local organisations that have been deliberately contacted with a view to them referring people to us.

I also find that I can fill cancellation dates quickly (hope I haven’t jinxed myself there) by using social media.

I love Airbnb and use it exclusively as far as online services are concerned, but it’s really best not to rely on any single site if possible.

When you get guests from your own efforts, both they and you can save money (fees) and you’re in a much better position because you are in charge of your own business.

Sorry to have derailed the discussion. Nothing political was intended, I just was questioning, somewhat tongue in cheek, as to whether people still drank milk.

I know that the product is part of many people’s daily diet but do wonder why.

3 Likes

For my husband and me, because we both like it. It’s that simple. We’ve both been milk-drinkers all our lives. So are both of our families. And so are most of our guests.

3 Likes

Never cry over spilt milk!

2 Likes

I often leave milk and some other things, but it is for when they first arrive, in case they want to relax with a snack and cup of tea/coffee without having to go out and buy them. It is not meant to last their entire stay as it is ‘self-catering’.

1 Like

I am actually guilty of that in my early stays. The literal German in me came out and thought of 5 as perfect. :flushed:

Funny, I thought the French would be more easygoing about my old place, as they are used to dealing with old buildings, but they aren’t.

1 Like

I just looked back our French guests for the past few months, all five stars on Airbnb and on BDC a couple of 9.2’s and the rest 10’s, and our place is old. Seriously old.

Folks are always quick to blame certain nationalities for low reviews, being messy, breaking house rules etc, but in my experience, they are simply guests. Some guests will break house rules and some guests will score you low, irrespective of what you think they should have left, and some guests are simply messy.

Anyway, I’m now away to suit and glove up to deal with the aftermath of last nights guests. Spanish if anyone’s interested :wink:

JF

3 Likes

Yes I do the same. The stuff I leave out for the guests is a ‘starter pack’. It means that they don’t have to go grocery shopping until after breakfast on the day after arrival. (Assuming that they have a delivery dinner - I supply delivery menus).

Because it’s self-catering I expect them to buy their own supplies after the arrival/first breakfast items I supply.

3 Likes

I think that @jaquo misread the message. She must have read it as fresh milk being 4 days past its ‘best by’ date on check-in. What if someone was staying for 10 days. Does the milk have to be inside its ‘best by’ date for 10 days?

1 Like

Hi John, wondering which other sites are more effective…Thank You!!!

Yes, you’re right. I thought I’d said that further up but with my memory… :wink:

JF

I am constantly amazed at the stuff people leave – whole fruit, unopened things, etc. – thrown away! Just leave it for me and if I can, I’ll use it and otherwise throw it away! Last camping guests threw away a metal cake pan and a large carving knife, I guess because they couldn’t be bothered to clean them?

2 Likes

Couldn’t take it home in their carry on luggage?

1 Like

BDC and OTA? THANK YOU JOHN!!

They drove! :red_car:

1 Like