Any Hosts having issues with the CA forced power outages?

I am in a high fire area as well and invested in the infrastructure for a whole house generator when I built my second cabin, SCE is coming today to move my meter to the new building:) I actually bought a 8K whole house generator that I have for sale now because I decided I want bigger to power all 3 buildings on the property.

RR

2 Likes

We had guests that were extremely understanding about the power outage. Our trailer has propane for cooking and running the fridge. The lights are now battery powered. For showers they came into the house. The power finally was restored last night. They are leaving today but we have blocked Tuesday just incase it gets turned off again. This inconvenience is nothing compared to the horrible fires raging right now in northern and southern Calif.

3 Likes

I have tried to block the days when the power may be out or high winds. Yes we do have a generator:) Guests are understandably nervous. Its gorgeous here otherwise during fire season!

2 Likes

winds really whistling today, Simi Valley “Fasy” fire is ten miles down wind, thankfully.

I have stopped blocking days for any reason, now I just up my price by 5X so I do not get booked. I think if you are unavailable some dates it drops you in the search results.

Not sure, but I think it’s true?

RR

1 Like

I’m now using the technique of making rule sets for the days I want “blocked.”

That’s the consensus here. But it’s just anecdotal evidence.

1 Like

I usually just block one day at a time, most 2. Somebody please try me and see! Tiny Tiki Retro Hideaway.