Another type of party

This article states vacation homes in Florida are being rented for Covid-19 parties. For a change the article doesn’t call them “Airbnb’s”. Just be aware, here’s another fad that could affect your rental.

1. If Airbnb rentals, they got past the party-protection guest screening

2. Perhaps owners were so desperate for some revenue they made a decision to rent, they may have declined before

3 Likes

As far as I’m concerned every party is a covid party now.

16 Likes

That’s an excellent point.

7 Likes

The idea of “let’s have a party to try to catch Covid-19 to prove we are brave or that it’s all a hoax” strikes me as the stupidest reason for a party.

That this is even a thing is scary. Grandmothers need to unite and whap the teens on the back of the head and demand to know “What are you thinking? You are smarter than this!!!”

Maybe not all grandmothers will participate. Some will be maskless and mobbing a meeting about implementing public safety regulations including wearing masks.

Anyone have a deserted island with a reliable water supply, that I can move to?

5 Likes

There was an article the other day about a 30 year old who just died from COVID after attending a “COVID party”. His last words, which were apparently recorded, were “I think I made a mistake. I thought coronavirus was a hoax, but it isn’t”.

All these people who don’t believe the world’s top epidemiologists, scientists and medical personnel belong in a mental institution.

3 Likes

If they don’t end up in an ICU first…

2 Likes

[quote=“Annet3176, post:4, topic:42963”]
Anyone have a deserted island with a reliable water supply, that I can move to?
[/quot

I know where several thousand uninhabited islands, with fairly relaiable water supplies and good rainfall to catch even more, are located… trouble is getting there and then actually living; they are mostly shell sand and coconut palms. EVERYTHING has to be literally shipped in and you’re half way between Hawai’i and Borneo, on the equator!

3 Likes

A prime case for Darwinism, may they take themselves out of the genetic pool please!

5 Likes

They should have a choice: Jail or sign this… it would let the frontline folks take care of those that want everyone to live.

7 Likes

The problem is who they take with them!

Unfortunately theres no fixing stupid!
This is so sad to read. An outcome of our current government in denial about how serious this pandemic really is.

1 Like

Yeah, it was in TX, I heard about that too.

Let’s hope these are rare events. Thankful that we have had nothing but responsible guests during covid times.

2 Likes

Worth their weight in gold!!!

2 Likes

I’ve heard of this happening in many states, not just Florida. College kids are renting party places and put money in a pool and whoever gets sick first gets the pot.

If granny dies because of the party and the police do contact tracing, all the partiers should be charged with manslaughter. IMHO.

Preach it!

The Las Perlas islands off the coast of Panama. You’ll have to do a Bermuda and build cisterns for your water, but otherwise…

Not sure if this is an urban legend or not, but the person who had it and was hospitalized (anti-masker) literally told me that she thought it was a hoax. Jerk.

They never do, they kill everyone else first. :crying_cat_face:

2 Likes

Not quite deserted, but if you don’t mind rain and slushy winters, Southeastern Alaska has a number of properties where you can live off the grid, and off the road. It helps if you’re good at handling boats or you have a float plane rating! :wink:

3 Likes

I’ve had to do a lot more screening lately to avoid parties at my houses. It’s a shame.

1 Like

I thought you had 20+ apps to do the work the rest of us bottom of the barrel hosts do.

3 Likes

Yes it is. 2020202020

Vote them out, 81 days until the election. Mail your ballot early they are trying to disable the postal system to cheat.

RR

5 Likes