Annoying last minute time wasters

Just venting.

So my room was available tonight and I allow bookings up till 10pm same day. I had someone message me at 8pm asking about the room. Then another person at 8.30pm. They ask questions, they then ask for the address without booking then as always they ask to pay with cash, I knew it was coming, it’s happened before. I tell them it’s against the TOS to organise payments outside Airbnb through the app. Then they never reply again of course.

Anyway once it hits 10pm booking switches off for the day and blocks the night.

Wish there was an option to rate enquiries so we can mark down these people who waste time trying to bypass the system.

1 Like

I report any user who asks to pay outside the system.

7 Likes

Good tip. It only happened to me a couple of times When I was new to Airbnb and I didn’t think to do that. I will now though :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This is one of many reasons why I don’t accept last-minute bookings. They are more trouble than it’s worth.

3 Likes

I’ve had people book by 4pm same day and have been fine. It just the ones that talk for a while that get me.

1 Like

In my experience, the more they talk the less likely they are to book, even if I answer all their questions satisfactorily. Weird.

2 Likes

I think the questions often represent fear, reluctance, etc. Of course, in this case, they were just a**es trying to scam the system and wasting @Paul_Janaway’s time.

1 Like