Angry guest, circumstances beyond my control

I thought I’d leave an update here.

I received an email today informing me that they have removed my review of this guest because it violated their T&C’s. I had named the guest by name.

So rather than remove the name from my review, they removed the entire review and will not reinstate it. So much for encouraging hosts to leave honest reviews.

I left a 100% honest review. It was not nasty but it was factual.

In the past, I have been cautious to leave an honest negative review even when it was called for, because I feared a retaliatory response.

This time, I decided to do what everyone here and in my personal life advised me: to be honest! That backfired. Airbnb removed my review!

I guess Airbnb hosts have no rights. You’re damned if you do and damned if you don’t.

I’m thinking of signing up with Expedia instead. Anyone have any experience as a host through Expedia?

Just curious: they removed your review. Did they also remove the guest’s review of you?

They removed only my review.

Interesting and I guess somewhat a double standard on Airbnb’s part since they usually claim that in order to remove a negative guest review, the host also goes.

Airbnb hosts have no rights.
Expedia owns HomeAway and VRBO.
They have their own set of problems.

Do you have experience with Expedia, what sort of problems are you aware of with them?

Very much a double standard. I asked if they are going to remove all my positive reviews mentioning guests name, too. They say: “Case closed”.

Awful.

I used their last name as well, yes. I asked Airbnb to remove the last name when they informed me that was violation of TOS. They told me they cannot edit, only remove. (really? doubt that). I also said they should have informed me of this within the time period I could have edited it, not a month later.

So I’m not disputing that that was a violation of TOS (though I was not aware of this at time of review) because frankly, I haven’t read the entire TOS.

The outcome is: guest gets to carry on booking and hosts are ignorant of their behavior because it’s continue profit. I get to stay silent and am expected to tolerate guests who are abusive of my terms.

I’m not a very active twitter user, but I’ll think about this. I don’t want to get kicked out of Airbnb as it’s my living…

Ask for theirs to be removed.

I have a Twitter account, in case I need to use it to contact ABB.

I am reopening and unlocking the thread now.