Angry guest after they read the review I made for them-sending me threats now

You can block her so that you don’t get messages from her again. Go to the messages and click on the little grey flag next to one of her messages. It will give you several options of what to report. Choose “harassing me” and then it will ask if you want to block her, then you block her.

10 Likes

You must own a great deal of stock in AirBnb to care a lot about the finances of this company. I am pretty sure they don’t care much about you, or about any of us hosts. The customer of AirBnb is the traveler, not the host, and the goal of airbnb is to keep the travelers happy and quiet. Hosts and owners are replaceable. AirBnb can always convince the next person that there is easy money to be made by renting property or space.

7 Likes

Now don’t get affronted by this question but why do you think these scammers target you? It would be really great for us and for readers to understand this point.

I’ve been using Airbnb a lot longer than two years and I don’t remember ever reporting a scammer. (Disclaimer - I might have a lot of years ago but I’ve got a terrible memory.) But if I had, I wouldn’t have then used up my valuable time checking to see if they had been removed.

It would be great to get an explanation about this too. As @muddy has pointed out, plenty of hosts would disagree with that. And by using IB, I don’t have any prior communication with guests so it’s a bit of a non-issue.

Why is Airbnb losing money? I don’t quite get that.

2 Likes

Airbnb just removed my review of the guest, no explanation to me, I just see its gone from guest profile, so I guess as she said her friend at airbnb helped her to get it removed, unbelievable.

I doubt it was a friend. More likely the sanitary pads reference.

9 Likes

what content policy is broken with mentioning sanitary pads?

1 Like

I’d have to check but I can imagine a guest objecting to anything of that nature. Same if it had been blocked with used condoms - a situation I had many years ago.

1 Like

Now the husband is texting me from his airbnb account gloating how he got the review removed.

Report him to Airbnb for harrasment and block him.

5 Likes

Seriously? Mentioning bodily functions or personal things like that don’t belong in public reviews. It isn’t necessary for other hosts to know exactly what a guest flushed down the toilet to plug it up, there’s no need to go into that kind of detail.

4 Likes

but what content policy is that?

2 Likes

It doesn’t matter but:

Content that is illegal or that violates another person’s or entity’s rights, including intellectual property rights and privacy rights

Yes it doesn’t matter, so its not that one.

1 Like

Condoms imply sex, which some people are still uptight about; however, sanitary pads only imply being a female roughly between the ages of 9 and 60 years old…oh wait, I guess some people are still uptight about that too, eeek…

1 Like

They truly are. Think about how many female guests don’t let their host know when they’ve had an overnight accident…

How females can travel, at any time of the month, without a few necessities in their bag for unforeseen circumstances is beyond me.

Why can’t you mention sanitary pads or tampons?

1 Like

It seems to me a fair if over long review. Sometimes not using euphemisms highlights the true effect bad behaviour has on us so good on you for being honest. I provide tampons and sanitary pads for emergency backup and have an explicit notice telling guests not to flush them down the toilet into the septic system, which could block up and flood the bathroom. Being coy just gives gusts an excuse to say they didn’t know what you were referring to.

1 Like

I’m confused by this. In 2021 are people still coy about women’s natural bodily functions? They advertise red “period undies” on prime time tv.

1 Like

Here, yes they are. In Europe it was completely different though. :slight_smile:

The person could be incontinent if it was a pad. That could be very embarrassing for the guest and seems quite personal to me. And a woman bleeding, while natural, should be treated as private unless she decides to make it otherwise….at least in my opinion.

She should not be ashamed about any of the above but I don’t think it’s for us hosts to decide that for her. Erring on the side of caution is probably better in this case.

2 Likes