An odd place for sheets

Double yikes! Perish the thought. I confess that I bleached said saucepan, then ran it through the dish washer. I am very glad that I did so.

My apologies to the OP for lowering the tone of her topic…

2 Likes

Don’t apologize! Thread drift happens, and I did ask for stories of weird things that guests have done.

2 Likes

@Brandt I prefer unmade beds as well. Not stripped, but obviously slept in. But if I can’t tell if a bed has been slept in, I have a special way I fold the sheets so I can tell if someone has pulled the comforters back. If the bed looks as if it’s been touched at all, I just wash to be on the safe side. I had a couple stay last night. They left both beds made, but obviously not as I left them. I think maybe they plopped down on both to decide which they liked better. I don’t think they were both slept in, but visibly disturbed bedding gets a wash.

Ask them…why not? May be a funny story.

I sometimes have guests leave sheets in the bathtub. I much prefer when they leave them on the bed, though- like others have said, it is easier to check for stains.

1 Like

I have never stripped a hotel/motel bed upon departure. I have changed and washed the linen in rentals that are long term where we do the laundry but even then, I do it with trepidation. I’m not sure why, except I’m squeamish at what might be on the topper under the linen.

I guess we all have our quirks.

1 Like

Charitably I would like to say using the saucepan for rinsing hair over the basin.
It’s just got to be better than the bottle of urine I found recently.

Yikes! That’s incredibly gross.

Same …I do not want to know