An influx of enquiries from guests with no verifications!

Yes there are exceptions and I’ve had a couple of those too. But they sometimes ask friends or family members to book for them as some people detest the idea of having a social media profile. The unverified guest enquiries I get though are so often looking for a discount, or to do the first night through Airbnb and then pay cash for the rest. We accepted one as he drove down our street with photos and eventually identified the house and came and knocked on the door. He was older with no profile so we let him stay and do cash. It was a nightmare. He kept saying he’d bring the cash the next day and then the next day. He did pay in the end, but I hated the stress of not knowing if he was on the level or not. Most professionals even if they don’t do facebook will have a LinkedIn profile so I just say ‘no’ to all unverified guests now.

2 Likes

Oh, I found my answers here again. (I’m having a new Airbnb member’s inquires).
I’m still so new to this my self, I check this forum every other day for advise.
Now I mail my House rules for every guest before booking and it’s a big relief for me - I’d have “the proof” that I could lean on in case of a misunderstanding.[quote=“Chris, post:9, topic:1313”]
I answer all their questions, but try undersell.
[/quote]

That is a good advice; I’ll use that right away. Thank You!