Am I over-reacting?

Thanks that’s really helpful.

Thank you. There are hooks on the back of the bedroom door for them to hang the towels, which I remind guests to use.

I feel rather uncomfortable putting signs up in my home and have information in my listing about guest behaviour but I think when I do the walk through, I will remind future guests.

Appreciate your feedback.

I have a whole page of instructions printed out loud and clear in the bathroom about how to actually use the bathroom like a non-feral house trained person. It has helped… a bit. My pet hate are the ‘polite’ people who put the toilet lid down, and then flush… never inspecting to see if the coast is clear afterwards. I’m then left with the game of toilet-roulette of will there or won’t there be streaky stains and unflushed business for me to take care. I share the bathroom with my guests, exciting times.

I’ve considered launching my own Smithsonian style museum of Pubes of the World based on the generous findings in the bathtub and sink. A designer friend of mine suggested each specimen should be presented half embedded in a bar of soap.

1 Like

In a number of cultures, including places around the States, closing the lid before flushing is considered to be the “proper” and “sanitary” method. Some theory about feces being thrown into the air when the water goes swirling, so you close the lid to contain the potential for nastiness.

I suspect that this is a losing battle on your part. Hard to train people to go against what their mother/father taught them for a two day visit.

2 Likes

From what I’ve read; it’s not a theory, it’s a fact. At the risk of giving too much information; I close the lid when I flush; then I open the lid to see if the toilet brush needs to be employed.

1 Like

So there ya’ go. Sometimes parents can be right!