Airhosts Forum mentioned on CNN

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/airbnb-coronavirus-global-policy-change/index.html

Travelers aren’t the only ones feeling the pain of canceled trips. Thousands of Airbnb hosts across the globe are coping with lost income.

On Airhosts forum, a popular platform for Airbnb hosts, users are sharing their concerns about the financial impact of refunding money.

They also mentioned that VRBO is not doing exceptions. I predict guests will remember this.

Not every travel company is offering exceptions for coronavirus cancellations. The vacation rental property Vrbo has not offered any Covid-19-related exceptions to its cancellation policy.

1 Like

So an article similar to this is what brought me to this site. I know that I can be a prickly jerk, but the reality is there are many hosts in need of information during these times who will be looking for advice. I hope that going forward we can be patient and helpful even as these financially strapped or emotional hosts arrive.

Just saying, from a jerk with experience

4 Likes

We moderators have been discussing for a week how to approach the influx of posts. We very much want to be helpful. In a short time many have already come round to seeing the futility of blaming Airbnb. I suspect they have done the more ethically suitable thing. More importantly I think they have made the best business decision. Time only can tell.

2 Likes

I managed to get a no penalty cancellation for some guests by calling VRBO directly. I had found some posting from them about waiving penalties/fees, but it seems to have disappeared . . .