Airbnb Search Feature not up to par

They didn’t announce any change and they aren’t terribly transparent about how search works but it does make sense that they wouldn’t show properties with no open dates. They want a guest to book quickly and easily, not to sort through hundreds of listings. And why would I want a property with no open dates showing in my search result?

Open your calendar an upcoming weekend you want to host and do your search again, inputting those dates and it should show up.

Is your listing getting any views?

Yes I see the point about (as a guest) not wanting to see properties that have no open dates, except for being able to add to their wish list. This is what I want. And up to two weeks ago I could always see my property with a totally blocked calendar. I have made no changes whatsoever for months because here in northern Michigan we get no rentals during the winter but now that we finally hit 80F today people will start looking. So our usual practice is to make a decision say on a Monday whether we want to rent the following weekend and if so then unblock the Thur through Sunday (still blocking the rest of the year). And almost 100% of the time we will get a booking request within 24 hours. Traverse City is in big demand from Memorial day through fall color tour season. Then it goes totally flat. Thanks for your idea. But I don’t get why it was there for the last 3 years showing on the map and then today, poof, gone and airbnb helpnohelp sends me info on how to unblock my calendar like I am an idiot or something. Thanks, Curt

Airbnb has been making a lot changes recently, maybe this is new.

Have the views dropped dramatically on your listing?