Airbnb says a 13 year old is an Adult

Not unusual to see pregnant 13, 14 or 15 year olds in The UK, Europe or I am sure North America either @muddy predominantly in lower income communities.

I agree with those who have noted that a 13 year old has similar needs. We don’t allow children under 6 years old and state that no one 18 or younger can be alone in the listing. When we get to know a family, we make exceptions. I would cover your concern in your rules using age specific descriptions rather than just “adult”.

Our most recent guests, very charming clean etc , about age 25, left the toaster oven on
‘continuous on’ I am so glad I noticed or the whole place would have burnt to a crisp.

1 Like

Never seen a toaster with continuous on button function - that sounds dangerous @gypsy

1 Like

Toaster ovens… they have a continuous on setting

RR

4 Likes

Why? What would be the purpose of a continuous “on” setting?

2 Likes

I think I will put a spot of glue or something on the toaster dial, so it can’t happen again.

its an OVEN that’s why, a toaster oven.

RR

1 Like

That still makes no sense to me. You turn an oven on, and you turn it off. There’s no “continuous on” setting.

1 Like

Which is continuous until you turn it off…

3 Likes

This is getting ridiculous. Yes, an oven is on until you turn it off. But it doesn’t have a setting called “continuous on”.

How’s your kettle?

From a toaster oven sales description:

“The easy-to-use controls offer cooking functions for baking, broiling, toasting, and keeping warm with a 60-minute timer or via the stay-on function.”

Toaster ovens have multiple timed settings so instead of usual on/off, toaster ovens are labeled differently. Stay-on/continuous on allows the small oven to be used like a traditional oven.image

2 Likes

I think Anne has explained it. Continuous on is just on. Toaster ovens have different settings. I’ve certainly left the house and left the oven on. Why is this a difficult concept?

I am a big fan of toaster ovens. I haven’t ever owned a toaster, only a toaster oven. And for a single person to bake, roast or reheat things instead of turning on the entire oven, they’re perfect. This is especially important to me living in a place that gets very hot and turning on the traditional oven is something I avoid doing half the year.

I just put one in my Airbnb room. We’ll see how long I last having to clean it at my price point.

2 Likes

Okay, I get it now. I’ve never had a toaster oven and always thought of them as something you’d just make a quick meal like a grilled cheese sandwich in. I couldn’t imagine why it would need to be on for longer than a 60 minute setting unless one was using it continuously, like in a cafe.

We use our own toaster oven daily. The longest it can stay on is an hour. The Annette photo is like the one inside the str/trailer. Even though it has legs, it is on a bamboo cutting board, surrounded by counter material circa 1950’s, it is under a wood cabinet and I am SURE it would start a fire eventually if left on!