Airbnb’s swift resolution with smoking guest

Wonderful result. Congratulations. Inconsiderate smoking guests are the worst.

1 Like

In my experience, MOST of the time, when/if a guest is made aware (even pleasantly) by the host that something they are doing/have done is against the rules it does NOT get dealt with amicably…and even when it seems amicable pre review I have seen either a negative review or NO review. More often once it seems amicably dealt with the guest chooses to leave no review…

I would love to hear more about how you succeeded with this. I have seen where AirBnB CS agrees that it is a retaliatory review but still refuses to remove it.

I have never seen this. Is this on the app or the web (on phone or computer)?

They are referring to VRBO, not Airbnb.

Good point! This is an Airbnb forum. My place is represented on both platforms and I look for answers everywhere. Sorry about that.

There are a number of hosts here who also use other platforms. It’s just really helpful to make it clear which forum you’re referencing and many people who are happy to help if they can, regardless of forum.

2 Likes

It isn’t exclusively an Airbnb forum. Neither is it a mind-readers’ forum :slight_smile: You just didn’t make it clear what platform you were referring to.

2 Likes

All hosts are different. :slight_smile:
I have never had a problem with that at all.

1 Like

Our guest specifically mentioned that we were rude and that we forced them out with no place to go. And stated it was for no reason, they based their 1 star review on being evicted and made absolutely no mention of the property whatsoever. We are running a 4.9 review rating with 129 reviews currently so the review may not have killed us, but Airbnb agreed that they were not rating the property, but rather the situation that they themselves caused.

1 Like