Airbnb request to book

Hi I have a potential booking but they have no reviews as first time on airbnb and they have only 1 verification ID which is a phone number. Would you take this booking? Thanks for help

Likely, did they provide info about their stay?

I take them all the time. I just make them sign my Rental Agreement and provide a Government ID.

Yes I would take it.

RR

1 Like

You accept the booking when you have enough information to feel comfortable with it.

If you want a government ID, ask them to add that to their profile. If you want more info on what brings them to your area, ask that. With new Air guests I ask that they fill out their profile and add a government ID. When that’s done I’d accept this reservation.

5 Likes

So would I. We have guests like this often. We had a young couple here last night who were brand-new to Airbnb, had no profile info, and had just one ID verification.

They were delightful.

I always think of that fact that I was once a host with no reviews, and guests took a chance with me.

I don’t care about reviews because a very large percentage of my guests are first-time Airbnb guests. However, I ask all guests to complete the phone, e-mail, and government ID verifications on their profile (same as I provide on my profile) before I accept their reservation. So far, every guest has completed them without letting it expire or making me decline.

1 Like

Thank you. I m going to ask then to add more ID no reason why they cant do that then they can request again. Thank you for responding.

2 Likes

it depends… did you talk to them? did they introduce themselves saying who they are and why they are coming? Also you could ask them to get more verifications in order for you to approve. Maybe they are OK and they just don’t know. It happened to me. talk to them.

Yes I’d take it. (Although I use IB in fact so accept everyone). You really need to explain, to yourself as much as anything, why you think that you shouldn’t accept these people.

There’s nothing wrong with being new to Airbnb - we all were at one time - and some people simply don’t like to upload ID as they see it as an invasion of their privacy or suspect it’s going to be used in identity theft or something like that.

But it’s your place and every host is different.

They won’t need to request again. Just ask them to verify their ID. Send them the link to the info about it from the help documents. They can let you know when they’ve done it and/or you can refresh their profile page to see it pop-up when it’s complete and then you can just accept their initial request. I do this often.

As we share our lives with our guests while they’re with us and they have independent verification as to who we are, we ask the same of them. If they are unwilling to agree to this then we don’t accept the booking.

It’s important to make it as easy as possible for them to comply.

1 Like

Definitely. And I’m really friendly about it too. I sort of pawn off like, “oh we aren’t able to accept the booking without ID verification”. I just make it a regular ol thing, no big deal, but it mus be done.

Yeah, I call it the “cooperation test”. If you can’t cooperate just this little bit, I’d rather not deal with you anyway. And if your privacy is that important to you, I’d recommend you look into camping. lol.

1 Like

Thanks, yes I asked for more ID, phoned aribnb. They have added more ID all good. They didnt know how it works :slight_smile:

Thank you, all done :slight_smile: