I need your advice here.
I had a guest that put electric kettle on the stove which cause a damaged(burned plastic) to the kettle and also caused the microwave above stove to stop working (due to smoke probably).
For the Kettle , the guest admit the accident and paid for a new one , but for the microwave fix he refused to pay, so I involved AirBnb - AirBnB refused as well saying the microwave issue is wear and tear. I wonder if there is something I can do here as also technition who fixed the issue wrote on the invoice that this is due to smoke residue on the board. I found it hard to beleive that on the same visit when the accident happend my microwave all of a sudden decides to malfunction.
I wonder if some hosts had similar experience with AirBnb and if there is a way to appael.