Airbnb Open homes now Airbnb Frontline

@dpfromva Could we talk on the phone about your experience so far with Open Homes? We can set up a time via email. I’m at lalbrecht [at] marketwatch [dot] com

Sure, but I have no experience as I have no bookings! My post really has all my comments and all my experience.

BUT do you want to include in your article this movement to book Airbnbs in Ukraine with no intention of staying, to get funds to average Ukrainian citizens who happen to be Airbnb hosts. There is discussion on other threads on this forum. I made 3 booking in Lviv. I was careful to choose the option of private room stay in host’s home, in order to reach individuals and not investors or professional multi-property owners, and here is one of the host’s responses

Mar 4, 2022

Hi,Diane :heart:I am extremely touched by your kindness. It is difficult for me to find appropriate words to express my feelings. I sincerely thank you for

We need to ensure that Airbnb is aware of this movement and WILL NOT AUTO CANCEL any booking in Ukraine’s areas that may be destroyed. I hope that as long as the host keeps their listing up, and has access to funds deposited by Airbnb, there will be cash flow to them regardless of the physical condition of their property or their physical location.

As others have pointed out, even making bookings out into the future should provide hosts with continued funds flow as bureaucratic processes of refugee relief and assistance gear up.

1 Like